Every day, our team works to bring innovative products to your home. From bath scales to wine openers to the best strawberry huller on the market—we make your house an awesome place. Filament Brands strives to build an experience for consumers that’s best in class. When all is said and done, our main goal is to make better products. We achieve this goal by modeling every aspect of our company around tenacious, ingenuity-laden, and customer-focused business practices. We consider ourselves to be fun, approachable people, and strive to develop products that mirror these attributes.
• Manage the technical product development process with vendors
• Oversee development process at all factories
• Engineering, technical & quality contact/conduit for internal and external customers
• Be the conduit for all technical communication between designers and factories
• Research, sample and approve new materials, techniques, treatments and methods for application to projects in development
• Certify and approve final tooling CAD before production.
• Optimize molds for costs, parts and materials
• Work closely with designers to achieve a clear understanding of the design intent of each product as well as discuss potential areas of manufacture difficulty
• Assist in development of crude working models, prototypes and proof of concept for new projects
• Review all off tool shot samples in tandem with the designers. Relay details and follow up via comment sheets.
• Develop an initial optimized BOM with designers and SVP to ensure design intent is meshed with cost constraints
• Approve tooling CAD before tooling commences to ensure all details are known in advance of cutting steel
• Ensure all subsequent off tool shots and final approval samples arrive as scheduled
• Meet with designers after each shot/off tool sample is received to review all their concerns and desired changes
• Compose and send complete and timely feedback to the factories on all subsequent shots and follow up comments
• Approve final shots with CIO and SVP, assisting in making the final call on when a new product is fit for production
• Create product specification sheets and inspection detail for all development projects
• Travel to China 2-4 times per year to meet with manufacturers to address current projects
• Work with the SVP of Product Development and Sourcing to ensure that all timelines are followed and all deadlines met
• Can do, innovative attitude
• Self starting team player
• Demonstrated drive to problem solve
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years product engineering experience with hands-on prototype development and testing
• Minimum 5-7 years experience working with factories in Asia on consumer products featuring injection molding and other relevant materials (stainless steel, silicone, TPE etc.)
• Experience with vendors and manufacturing techniques
• Understanding of metals, ceramics, rubbers, plastics and related assembly techniques
• Demonstrated 3-D CAD SolidWorks experience
If you’re looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, this is the place for you. We’re a driven, yet easy-going, group of people working hard at having fun.
Resume and Cover Letter
Get ready. Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to our team. Use your cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flare to the Metrokane dynamic.
**Please include relevant experience and salary history.
Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive program and comprehensive benefits package.
No phone calls please. Taylor is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply