We are seeking a Talented and Energetic Graphic Artist to join our creative team of Amazing Designers! This position is full-time and based at the corporate office in Plymouth.
Cool Gear International (subsidiary of Igloo Products Corp.) is a dynamic, fast growing company seeking a multi-faceted designer to join our creative team. We specialize in designing and manufacturing trendy hydration, food storage solutions and novelty products. We sell into Mass Market, specialty stores, grocery, and department stores. Cool Gear International has secured its place in the hydration industry as an innovative value and trend driven product development powerhouse.
Show us your WOW factor! This is a great opportunity for the right Graphic Artist to utilize their Surface Design / Illustration skills for the Hydration and Housewares Industry. We are seeking a talented professional who can create designs that elevate our product line and take us to the next level.
- Produce custom surface pattern illustrations and designs for our retail partners.
- Create production art files for surface decoration and item color collections.
- Modify artwork to fit desired design direction and item selection
- Research trends within the sector.
- Create sales sheets / product catalogs
- Work closely with the marketing team, be involved in briefings, researching and trend forecasting.
- Work to deadlines and manage your own workload.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Ability to understand and create varied design using a VARIETY of styles.
- Ownership of creative process and being able to work with a degree of autonomy.
- Excellent illustration and color skills.
- Strong ability to sketch out your ideas.
- Ability to shoot basic product photography and perform basic photo editing.
- HIGHLY developed organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A portfolio demonstrating trend driven pattern design for table top, apparel and or novelty item application.
- Thrive within a fast-paced creative environment.
- Ability to grow beyond an individual contributor role.
Please submit your resume in PDF format and attach samples of your work in jpeg format or a link to your online portfolio.
Please make sure your design samples showcase your diversity in illustration and design. Please no web design - we aren't looking for that at this time.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field Or Associates Degree in Graphics or related field.
• Experience: three (3) years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree as a graphic designer in a corporate or design firm environment; or 5 (5) years related experience with Associates degree as a graphic designer in a corporate or design firm environment.
• English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Able to write short correspondence and memos.
• Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Physical Demands: General office environment.
• Proficient in graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Quark Express and Freehand.
• Ability to use a digital camera and choreograph photo shoots for product packaging, brochures or catalogs.
• Requires a comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements for P.O.P. and packaging is also required.
• Proficient in standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Skilled in freehand sketch ideas and concepts without the aid of computers and software to supplement discussions and communications.
• Skilled in understanding of printing processes such as 4-color offset lithography, silk screen, digital and large format printing, embossing/de-bossing, and similar nuances involved in color separations.
• Flexibility to travel to meet and communicate with local suppliers or accounts 5% of the time.
• Strong problem solving, project management and leadership skills.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Please apply online. Be sure to include your resume and portfolio.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.