Fulltime Illustrator / Textile Designer
POSITION: Textile Designer / Illustrator (Full Time)
ZAK+FOX is a rapidly expanding textile design firm seeking an illustrator with experience in textiles or pattern-making to join our team. We're looking for a wildly creative individual with strong organizational and project management skills.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE:
• Is a wizard with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator are required)
• Has excellent hand-drawing/illustration skills and can adapt effortlessly to different styles and techniques
• Feels extremely comfortable working with digital mediums and can create creative works quickly
• Thinks outsides the box and pushes boundaries
• Is collaborative and communicative
• Has a strong sense of color, proportion, and composition
• Meets deadlines
WHAT THE JOB WILL ENCOMPASS, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
• Developing new textile designs for print, woven, and wallcovering collections
• Producing illustrations for projects as needed
• Maintaining creative calendar, design library, and management of product development lifecycle
• Working with creative director to define collections, maintaining a consistent look
• Managing relationships with our manufacturing partners’ product development teams
• Assembling presentation boards for company presentations
• Creating and delivering production-ready artwork to mills
• Managing custom orders in conjunction with sales and production teams
• 2-5 years of experience designing patterns and original artwork
• Extreme proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel, Google Suite/G Suite, and can quickly learn our internal software
programs used for inventory management and project management
• Professional demeanor
• An ability to collaborate — we like teamwork
• A passion for design
• Located in New York -- no exceptions
We offer three weeks of paid vacation as well as personal/sick days, healthcare contributions, and more.
Absolutely no phone calls -- please email all applications and portfolio submission to email@example.com. If we are interested, a test will be required to demonstrate skills before interview process begins.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.