Do you love Pop Culture? Music? Fashion? Sports?
Are you passionate about design and branding?
ABG is currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our NYC office. Could this be you?
Are you a passionate designer who is well versed in brand expression and can strategize, conceive, create, and present ideas? Are you a creative thinker who uses design to bring brand stories to life?
As our Graphic Designer, working under the direction of the VP, Creative Director, you'll collaborate in the creative vision and concepting of innovative, original design solutions which reflect our brand’s DNA in the marketplace. You'll use your advanced design skills to create original design solutions that reflect our brands’ design ethos and enhance the consumer retail experience.
This position requires a highly creative person who can work through and manage projects from concept to completion with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate possesses a strong, clean design aesthetic and a meticulous eye for detail. This is an exciting role working on the world’s most iconic celebrity brands including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Muhammad Ali and Michael Jackson.
We seek candidates with the following:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in visual design or other design-intensive field.
• 1 – 6 years design experience, preferably in a branding agency, ad agency or in-house design studio. Recent graduates will be considered.
• A creative portfolio that demonstrates a strong design sensibility, conceptual clarity, and attention to detail.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A passionate following of latest design trends, technology, and social media.
• Strong information design capabilities; ability to translate abstract ideas into compelling visuals.
Qualities we look for:
• Strong creative point of view grounded in strategic thinking.
• An instinctive understanding of modern culture.
• Experience creating, extending and rejuvenating businesses and brands.
• Optimism, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
• Detail oriented and organized. You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing the workload for yourself.
• Open minded and kind - you proactively share your perspective and seek input from others.
• Confident, articulate communicator with the ability to make strategic and intelligent design decisions.
• Ability to brainstorm brilliant creative ideas and employ your strategic thinking to recommend strong design solutions.
WHAT WILL HELP SET YOU APART FROM THE OTHER CANDIDATES?
• Video editing/motion graphics/interactive design ability a plus
• Editorial experience in luxury, beauty, sport, and fashion
• Brand extension + licensing experience
• Knowledge of dynamic presentations such as Keynote, PowerPoint, and Prezi
• International experience helpful
• Attention to detail (Address your cover letter to James for extra credit)
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid Vacation & Holiday
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please e-mail the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Salary requirements
5. In the body of the email, share why you are qualified for this opportunity (3-6 bullet points, including your strengths/skill set as they pertain to this role),
6. Availability to interview and/or start.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.