Senior UX Designer
International UED - UX design team at Alibaba Group is focused on Alibaba's globalization goals and efforts.
We are the bridge between international businesses and customers, providing end-to-end user experience design solutions with brand identity for both sellers and buyers.
We also work closely with Alibaba's global partner companies, having constant collaboration with cross-functional teams, such as product managers, business units, marketing and development to ensure simple, creative and useful products that customers will engage with and enjoy.
This position is specific to Alibaba.com - the International UED B2B unit of Alibaba Group. Alibaba.com is a one-stop marketplace for Buyers and Suppliers worldwide to source products online.
Roles and responsibilities
• As a Sr. UX designer, you will be crafting and refining international products according to business needs, and guarantee the basic usability of products.
• Able to create user-flows, low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity polished mockup designs and ability to quickly iterate designs to get final sign-off.
• Able to communicate and follow-through your design concepts and strategy to peers and stakeholders.
• Consistently improve the product design according to user requirements and business needs.
• Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
• Align customer needs and business goals to execute design with a holistic thinking process and methodology.
• Create design solutions utilizing user data, new business requirements and technical capabilities of the project within constraints.
• Become a problem-solver for interface issues that may appear during projects implementation and ensure a good user experience throughout the product lifecycle.
• 3+ years working experience in related area. Experience in both interaction and visual design is preferred.
• Formal education background in human-computer interaction, industrial design, visual communication, or education-related design disciplines is desirable.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills to present and explain design solutions to cross-functional teams.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English; overseas background or fluent in Chinese will be desirable, but not mandatory.
Job Location: Hangzhou, China
Please note: To be considered for the position, Portfolio (website or pdf) must be included in the application.
Please email your portfolio (pdf or website link) to this email for consideration. Thank you!
How To Apply