SUMMARY: A critical role in the Parts, Garments & Accessories department. The Product Developer, in conjunction with the Product Development Manager, is responsible for new and existing products in the garment and ride gear product space. The Product Developer manages a new product, from concept to production. It is critical that the product is delivered on time, within budget and FOB target and to the required quality standard. Product Developer is also responsible for managing the work of project consultants and suppliers, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful project team.
• Directs marketing research efforts to determine profitability and feasibility of new product ideas for multiple TSV aftermarket brands.
• Identify and define innovative new product opportunities that serve the needs of the TSV dealer base and end consumers
• Lead the new product process by coordinating sales, marketing, sourcing, engineering, warehouse, and ecommerce functions; requires extensive collaboration and indirect leadership
• Works with sales, buying and marketing to move obsolete and slow moving products
• Understand market drivers of demand and sensitivities by developing relationships and maintaining open communication with key industry contacts, distributors, dealers and customers.
• Manages the following development and production phases: Concept and product plan, design phase, development phase, commercialization phase, and production phase.
• Proven ability to demonstrate product penetration and/or market share capture by creating and communicating value-added selling techniques and product training with direct and indirect channels
• Demonstrated understanding of multi-tier pricing structures and margin calculations
• Excellent communication skills – able to create and give engaging product presentations, supplier negotiations, and
• Quickly establish and maintain personal credibility and work effectively in a team environment
• Effectively, independently, and professionally represent the company to all external parties
• Manage several projects and determine priorities in a dynamic environment
• Strong customer focus, analytic ability and mechanical aptitude
• 3-5 years in product development or product management preferred
• BS in Industrial Design or BS in Engineering with relevant experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office & Adobe Creative Suite. Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Travel Requirements: 25% (willingness to travel overseas - Asia)
How To Apply