Product & Apparel Designer
Product & Apparel Designer
Location: Headquarters in Boise, Idaho. Relocation required.
Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Fly Racing is currently seeking a talented and motivated Product Designer to design and develop projects for various segments of Fly Racing. This full-time position, located at our Boise, Idaho headquarters, will work within the Product Design team to design and development of FLY products and apparel. The ideal candidate has experience in product design, product development, and project management with knowledge in the manufacturing and production processes within the powersports or similar industry. Excellent communication skills are essential as the position demands effective coordination between design teams, domestic and foreign vendors, and internal departments within Fly Racing.
• Able to work through all phases of the product development process – concepts through production.
• Create original designs relevant to products associated with various Fly Racing segments.
• Ability to design and create using a variety of methods such as sketching, physical prototyping, Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop, etc.
• Provide high-quality product designs and product directions.
• Create dynamic trend directions with colors, materials, features, and graphics.
• Create detailed tech packs for vendors that provides all required information for production.
• Create and manage project timeline/schedule with vendor. Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
• Daily communication and coordination with internal development staff, and factories to ensure that the product development goals are being met for each project.
• Create product reviews for development, pre-production, and TOP samples.
• Overseas travel to vendor factories as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in design field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of experience within the product design/development field.
• Exceptional design skill and the ability to communicate form through 2-D and/or 3D means.
• A comprehensive understanding of design, development, and production processes.
• A willingness to embrace art direction, and encourage positive collaboration with fellow designers and staff
• High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience in Microsoft Office and 3D modeling software a plus.
• Understanding of project management strategies and practices applied to product development.
• Knowledge of manufacturing practice and methods in the garment industry, including: sewing, materials, construction layout, and pattern making.
• Demonstrate a desire to lead and foster growth in a collaborative team environment within multiple disciplines.
• Ability to effectively solve problems on a variety of issues with a solution-based approach.
• Highly organized, positive attitude, and self-driven.
Interest in outdoor power sports (Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, ATV/UTV, BMX, Mountain Bike, and Watercraft)
Strong mechanical inclination, with a sense of fashion and current trends.
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "work hard, play hard". We are seeking individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced power sports environment, which has experienced booming expansion over recent years. We offer competitive pay and benefits coupled with a satisfying work experience and the potential for personal and professional growth. So what is it we do here at WPS? We like to say “we sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket power sports parts, apparel, and accessories, we sell fun products to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT
Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of its employees, and provides many perks. Take advantage of a fully groomed motocross track during scheduled company ride days. Get in a lunchtime workout session at our state-of-the-art gym facility, complete with half-court basketball court. Play ping pong, darts or a game of pool in the company break room. Enjoy the employee-appreciation summer BBQ’s. WPS also provides a comprehensive package of benefits to promote good health and all around well-being. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and supplemental insurance; 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3%; Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Hospital paid time off, competitive pay and bonuses; and an exciting work experience!
Please submit the following:
2. Cover letter - please include added information about experience with powersports or similar industry
3. Portfolio or link to portfolio
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.