Baron Services, Inc., an industry leading provider of weather data, display tools, modeling and hardware solutions is seeking to hire an experienced UX/UI Designer to work within our Marketing department and to be an integral part of our development process for new products and enhanced capabilities.
The UX Designer will design, develop and champion creative and compelling user interfaces for both mobile, web and desktop application architectures that enhance adoption by making it simple to use. The Designer will create and refine visual designs, interaction designs and iconography as well as product architecture, wireframes and task flows. In addition to having the skills required for user interface design, a user experience designer must also be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. You must have a passion for user-centric design and be a strong communicator. Ability to identify alternative design strategies, assess design viability and rapidly transform business requirements into a user interface design. Bachelor’s degree in design or similar application and 3 years’ experience required.
• Lead development of rich functional prototypes using white board brainstorming, low and high fidelity mockups and interaction requirements while working with multiple clients
• Be able to rapidly prototype web portal and application solution design, look, feel and aesthetics
• Work with implementation teams across multiple engagements to design efficient and comprehensible user interfaces given client requirements
• Prepare documentation of all UIs developed
• Collaborate with stakeholders and development to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to pre-production hand-off to developers.
• Conduct user research and analyze user feedback against design requirements. Some travel required.
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Marketing, Design, or Computer Design
• 3+ years’ experience, portfolio required
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other visual design tools such as: XD, Sketch, UXPin, Invision, Balsamiq, Axure
• Understanding of the User Experience Process
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills to advocate design principals and approach
• Some Project Management Understanding
• Visual and interaction design Experience
• Knowledge of user-centered design principles
• Understanding of development concepts, toolkits and processes
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.