Graphic and Package Designer
Fred & Friends is looking to add a clever and skilled Graphic Designer to its growing, RI-based creative studio. This is a full-time, in-house position.
Since 2004, Fred has been a leader in the giftware industry, creating well-designed products that put a smile on your face. We design and manufacture fun, innovative gifts, home goods, and personal items to specialty retailers worldwide. The company is located one minute north of Providence, in sunny Pawtucket, Rhode Island. Check out what we do at www.genuinefred.com.
Fred’s independent design studio is small in size, but big on ideas. You will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of creative projects. We do everything in-house, from product and package design to marketing and sales collateral. We encourage everyone in the studio to contribute ideas and collaborate in the product-development process.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptionally strong portfolio showcasing excellent graphic design ability in both package and print design, with proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following:
● Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
● 2 to 4 years related design work experience.
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
● Knowledge of printing processes and materials.
● Strong sense of typography – you know when to use it, and when to hold back
● Comfortable and competent in collateral design.
● Some experience with still digital photography and lighting.
● Intuitive eye for design, innovating thinking, and a genuine love for creative work.
● Is self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized.
● Great team collaborator, but also excels independently.
Candidates with the following experience will get noticed:
● Packaging and collateral design, especially in the gift and housewares industry.
● Understanding of production requirements for web, email, video, and other digital design formats
● Experience with overseas production.
● Sketching and illustration skills.
● Sense of humor — a big plus
Applicants must be US residents.
Email resume and portfolio samples with your best work. Please save in PDF format, and limit submissions to 10MB in size.
No phone calls, please.
Call your mother instead — she never hears from you anymore.
How To Apply