I See Me! is seeking a Freelance Production Artist/Graphic Designer specializing in book design and production for project based work. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who combines creative and technical skills to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers with the design of our personalized products. Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and manage the many facets of the book production process from concept through final page layout. Illustration experience is a huge plus! This design and production project is expected to take 20 to 30 hours per week and the person in this role will work closely with the Director of New Products.
Design and production of products for I See Me!
• Think creatively to develop new ideas and concepts for personalized books and products.
• Collaborate with authors, illustrators, editorial and in-house design team to produce visually compelling personalized books, book covers as well as presentation and marketing materials as needed.
• Create new ways to personalize products and work with internal teams to develop new technology to apply personalization.
• Finalize production on I See Me! products including file prep, file set-up, color correction, font adjustments, exporting PDF files, layout set-up, etc.
• Regularly confer with Director of New Products re: creative direction for book manuscripts and illustrations
• Research, source, commission, and/or produce illustrations for new book concepts
• Provide direct feedback to illustrators and authors to develop book content
• Discuss creative objectives and timelines with ISM management team.
• Work as part of a team with other designers, illustrators, project management, marketing, sales and IT
• Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed
• Assist in proofing products and provide feedback
• Assist in organizing and maintaining archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2 years related experience; children’s book production a plus!
• Detail-oriented, organized, adept at identifying problems and finding solutions
• Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to changing schedules, and work under tight time constraints in order to meet deadlines essential
• Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, with core competencies in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a must and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
• Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, marketing, sales, IT and operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience creating and designing book covers, interior layouts, etc. with a modern appeal
• Producing clean, accurate, and streamlined files that meet all production standards
• 4 year college degree in design or related field
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, hourly rate and work samples (online portfolios accepted). Potential candidates will be contacted to complete a test project for final consideration. Please put Freelance Designer in your subject heading.