Senior UI Designer - ESPN Fantasy
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The ESPN digital design team is seeking their next Senior UI designer to help conceive, define and execute the UI and visual design of ESPN digital products. This individual will collaborate with design leadership and product management in helping design digital products from start to finish, concluding in development of design specifications, deliverables, and implementation guidance to engineering counterparts for product build. ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort.
- Contribute to the UI design for ESPN digital products through a unified design process.
- Focus on web and native interfaces and interaction patterns across multiple platforms and breakpoints (e.g. web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
- Architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement
- Contribute to design direction alongside design and product team partners by participating and leading product design brainstorms.
- Clearly communicate design decisions and process for arriving at those decisions
- Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to ensure quality.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to help drive UI design quality from conception to launch.
- Utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
- Maintain and refine each ESPN brand and identity.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in digital product design.
- Deep understanding of user experience, user interaction, and design across mobile platforms, devices and products
- A strong digital portfolio featuring examples of user interface design, user interaction and visual design work.
- Solid responsive/adaptive design knowledge, especially pertaining to user interaction and interface design, web platform guidelines, and user experience.
- Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially -
Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understanding of native and web product development process.
- A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
- Experience with and curiosity around current web and native products, trends, software, platforms and hardware
- Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
How To Apply