Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The ESPN Digital Design Team is seeking their next User Experience Designer to help conceive, define and execute the user experience design of ESPN’s digital products. This individual will collaborate with design leadership and product management in helping establish the user experience design process from start to finish, and own the responsibility for representing the user during the product design process. ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort.
- Define and refine the user experience design process for ESPN digital products.
- Clearly communicate and represent the user's perspective at every level, including accessibility, usability, demographic, persona, and overall (user) experience.
- Focus on web and native interfaces and interaction patterns across multiple platforms and breakpoints (e.g. web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement.
- Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to insure quality.
- Clearly communicate and represent the user’s perspective at every level, including accessibility, usability, demographic, persona, and overall user experience.
- Research, analyze, observe, and document mobile device and application trends while interpreting how best to leverage findings for ESPN products.
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, and researchers to oversee user experience.
- Design and develop user interface patterns mapped from research, findings and analysis.
- Attend, participate, and help lead user studies with your user research colleagues.
- 2+ years of user experience design experience for digital products.
- Familiarity with design patterns, user experience guidelines and best practices for native and web platform product experiences.
- Ability to produce comprehensive user experience and interaction specification documentation.
- A strong digital portfolio featuring examples of user experience, user interaction and design work.
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices across platform and device and a deep understanding of consumer behaviors and consumer trends.
- Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Basic understanding of native and web product development process.
- Working knowledge of responsive design and auto-layout.
- A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
- Deep curiosity around current products, trends, software, platforms and hardware.
- Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.