TorchLight seeks contract, freelance and full-time copywriters for their clients in Northern Virginia, D.C, and Baltimore, MD. Our copy writers are typically part of the client's communications team and are responsible for creating and editing a wide range of marketing materials and communications for consumers and key audiences.
• Develop written content for key audiences including emails, newsletters, website, blogs, fact sheet, white papers, etc.
• Provide editorial oversight for content including tone, grammar and adherence to AP style guidelines
• Assist with editing of printed collateral and other graphics/design as needed
• Additional duties as required
• At least 5 years of experience in a marketing/communications department
• Demonstrated professional writing and communications/marketing experience with strong understanding of AP Style
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and/or InDesign preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, journalism, business or related field required
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process—and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all of our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area's Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Please include a resume with your submission, use the red "Apply Now" button below to apply. Local candidates only please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.