User Experience Researcher
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be a critical part of our product development team creating exceptional user experiences for products across the Hoover, Dirt Devil and Oreck brands involving consumer and commercial products. In this role you will collaborate with Marketing, Research & Development, and Consumer Insights to define and test the user experience. The successful candidate will continue to elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
• Support user experience activities for key projects within TTi Floorcare- North America.
• Work closely with design counterparts to effectively deliver industry leading user experience solutions
• Partner closely with all relevant divisions to develop and maintain human factors design guidelines and modify as required to keep relevant
• Help deliver cutting edge user experience (human factors, usability, cognitive engineering, etc.) skills and services to the relevant categories
• Effectively execute user-centered design activities and research throughout the product development process
• Conduct usability and ergonomic research
Education: A minimum of a BS/BA Degree in HFE, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent is required. Post-Graduate Degrees (MS, PhD) are a plus.
Experience: Minimum 5 years human factors/usability engineering experience/use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and customer interactions is required.
Communication: Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
Data Visualization: Understands the basics of data visualization and capable of presenting rich research data simply and clearly.
Human Factors Engineering & Ergonomics: Knows where to look for specific information about ergonomic/anthropometric data, heuristics and understanding previous user research and conducts basis analysis ergonomic analysis based on anthropometric data.
Research Methodologies: Understand the various research methodologies.
Data Collection: Understands the various physiological data collection equipment available.
Data Analysis & Translation: Ability to conduct basic statistical analysis and input findings into a report.
User Centered Design: Ability to participate in all of the activities in the User Centered Design process from the initial information gathering to testing and documentation/specifications.
Usability Testing: Ability to conduct an entire usability study: moderate, take notes, plan and design the research activities.
Teams: Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
Motivation: Self-motivated and flexible; willing to learn new things.
Travel: Ability to occasionally travel and work internationally.
How To Apply