HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on informed innovation. We design consumer-driven brands, products, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU!
THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Industrial Designer with 8+ years experience. An impressive individual who’ll bring creativity, passion, people skills, and the ability to lead creative teams in an inspiring way. You will be an active mentor to your peers and help to galvanize and grow THRIVE's talent while developing highly innovative design solutions that translate consumer insights and trends into compelling product experiences. You will be passionate about the details and have a proven track record of creating products that are authentic to a client's brand, and that connect emotionally with consumers.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU'LL BE CHALLENGED. Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Research to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU'LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS. Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE. There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically, while developing a strong rationale for your design recommendations that are based on consumer, brand, and business rationale.
- Lead the definition and development of new product offerings that deliver new value and achieve our client’s business objectives.
- Create product solutions that embody a strong aesthetic sense and manifest a brand dimensionally in a way that stimulates people’s senses and emotions.
- Lead brand analysis and critical thinking, turning insights into actionable directives for design.
- Have excellent form development ability, manifesting a brands tone and personality through product form.
- Demonstrate a mastery of technical skills: CAD - Solidworks; excellent sketching; color, material & finish, rapid sketch development, prototyping, and visualization in Keyshot or equivalent.
- Develop 3D digital surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically robust.
- Inspire and guide members of the industrial design team through different types of innovation content; from technical to strategic.
- Combine appropriate design methods, theory, and content to address a particular clients business challenges.
- Innovate within known high and low volume manufacturing techniques, specifying materials, construction, mechanisms, color and surface finish.
- Lead the development of client presentations that communicate a compelling narrative/story.
- Understand a particular client's culture and the needs of multiple stakeholders (e.g. designers and business) and adapt your communication accordingly.
- Lead the creative process through the facilitation of concept ideation sessions, brainstorms, and creative discussions.
- Build and maintain a network of peers in the professional design and innovation community.
- Survey the work of other designers in the global design community to identify best practices, methods, tools, and approaches.
- Manage projects by creating work plans, project timelines and communicating and managing them effectively.
- Have a BA/BS in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 8+ years of experience in the capacity of an industrial designer producing work of the highest quality.
- Have previous experience working within a top design consultancy or corporation.
- Have a strong understanding of the human-centered design process.
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
- Have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.