Oshkosh Corporation continues to grow! We are seeking a creative Industrial Designer to join our talented team. Work for a leader in the industry of specialty vehicle design.
Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
We make it our business to understand the rigors of our customers' jobs, and deliver vehicles to them that out-perform anything else on the market. Our commitment to the highest quality products and customer support extends the lifetime of our vehicles through our 24/7 global service network. And because our company is broadly diversified, we can leverage our proprietary technologies to create powerful competitive advantages across many different markets.
The primary role of a Sr. Industrial Designer is to work within the team of talented designers to conceptualize new, modified, or improved vehicles and showcase those concepts with photo realistic renderings and animations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Design with minimal supervision new or modified motor vehicle concepts or components for an industry leader in vehicle design.
•Execute assignments that will include but not limited to a range of new vehicle concepts, facia facelift upgrades, component upgrades, up-fit vehicle designs, and graphics/branding. Industrial Designers will use exceptional design intuition to develop and enforce brand recognition.
•Communicate vehicle designs artistically through 2D sketches, 3D modeling, and 3D photorealistic renderings or animations
•Support and maintain assets for 3D libraries containing models, materials, studios, etc.
•Maintain effective communication with internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Transportation Design or Automotive Design
• 3-plus years related work experience
• Acute awareness of current and future automotive and transportation design trends
• Proficiency in 2D sketching to convey design concepts (analog and digital)
• Working knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator or SketchbookPro
• Proficiency with 3D modeling and rendering (Alias, Rhinoceros, Maya, Keyshot, VRED)
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes to ensure that conceptual designs can be built efficiently
• Experience with rapid prototyping and physical modeling
• Excellent 3D visualization skills
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.