Chicago Display Marketing (CDM) is a full-service company that designs and manufactures custom point-of-purchase displays, merchandising systems, store fixtures, retail graphics, and signage.
Located in River Grove, Illinois, CDM is at the pulse of Midwest manufacturing and Chicago creative.
Job Summary - Creative Director
This role will provide leadership for our Creative Team; driving, elevating, and evolving the design department, client projects, and Chicago Display’s branding. The Creative Director is responsible for delivering industry-leading design and engineering for many retail applications, while also coordinating the design department’s day-to-day operations, project files, and pipeline.
• Provide innovative design and thorough engineering of display concepts that meet client
objectives and Chicago Display’s quality standards
• Ensure the design department’s creative execution consistently meets the same criteria
• Keep yourself and the creative team current on the latest design practices, manufacturing methods, material options, and industry trends
• Lead Chicago Display’s branding guidelines by developing content and creative assets through graphic design, video, website, print, and social
• Be a collaborative partner to the sales and production team by producing marketing materials that support CDM’s business development efforts
• Understand CDM’s manufacturing equipment/capabilities and how it translates to design ideation
• Direct leadership, supervision, and development of the design team
• Minimal travel for trainings and critical client meetings
• Solid background in industrial design, display design, and graphic design
• Strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing
• Ability to translate client needs and objectives into fully engineered concepts
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to develop and inspire the creative team, and promote a collaborative environment to unlock the team’s talent
• Strong business acumen and commitment to results, with professional written and verbal skills
• Ability to offer agile ideation, with resilience under pressure and against deadlines
• Confidence and assertiveness with the ability to build respect among colleagues
• 6+ years of design experience within the retail display industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or Engineering
• Graduate degree is a plus
• Expertise with Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite
• Experience managing small teams
• Commensurate with experience
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401(k) Plan and company match
• Paid Time Off
-Please note we will not sponsor work related visas.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.