Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to join our growing team. As an EPM within the Soft Goods Product Design organization you will be responsible for running the development and implementation process for one of our Product Design teams.
•You are a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related mechanical background in computer or consumer electronics.
•You were a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager
•Experience developing schedules, working with Industrial Design and Product Design to release designs to vendors on time
•Proficient with handling vendors and driving materials to development builds
•Experience fostering relationships with manufacturers, driving OEM partners and handling development builds
•Adept at collaborating with teams to drive closure of technical issues in the face of tight deadlines
•Experience identifying and directing all resources required to execute successful projects
•Demonstrating strong presentation skills is essential
In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. You will build and manage project schedules, redirect pitfalls, and develop a better course of action through great communication and diligent oversight.
Enable the development effort by crafting and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process while providing timely issue resolution and critical path management. Facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and OEM partners to meet very tight cost, schedule, and quality goals.
• You will lead communication between project teams and external vendors
• Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
• Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for facilitating decision-making
• Work with vendors to drive material to support engineering building
• Work with OEMs and vendors to drive material preparation and development builds
• Creating meetings and documenting action items and progress
• Reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules
• Travel up to 20% to support manufacturing builds
• BS ME degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.