Gagen MacDonald is a strategy execution firm that helps companies turn strategies into results. Working collaboratively from the corporate office to the front line, we use an organization’s leadership, brand, culture, vision and history to motivate and align employees behind accomplishing business objectives. Focusing our experiences and passions, we make our client’s cause our cause.
We are passionate about helping organizations manage the human struggle of change. Our clients include global Fortune 500 companies with some of the most recognized brands in the world. Large-scale transformation requires an integrated, cross-discipline approach including Organizational Development and Design; Change Management; Leadership Development and Communication; Employee Engagement; Culture Change; Learning & Development; and Systems Management. Drawing upon 20 years of experience as industry pioneers, we have the capabilities to execute across all of these disciplines.
Gagen MacDonald’s company culture exemplifies our values and purpose. We celebrate individuals and their contributions to the vitality of our firm.
Based within our Creative Center of Excellence, the senior graphic designer will support the collective corporate needs of the firm. These needs could encompass visual communications that drive the strategic messaging and positioning of various corporate, marketing and people/HR programs to increase visibility, stimulate demand, open new markets and accelerate growth for the firm.
The design professional will report to the Creative Lead, and support the chief marketing officer (CMO) and Thought Leadership team full-time to design impactful visual solutions to support Gagen MacDonald’s go-to-market strategy. He or she will be responsible for developing collateral in various formats and media that inspires, informs, and captivates the firm’s target audiences.
If you are an energetic, creative thinker who wants to be a part of a growing professional services organization, we invite you to help build our brand and business. The position will be based in Chicago.
• Dedicated to internal Gagen MacDonald projects (e.g., not client projects) to address the full spectrum of the firm’s strategy to seek and drive big opportunities for growth by increasing visibility for the firm and its brand.
• Collaborate with the Marketing, Thought Leadership, Knowledge Management and HR teams to bring programs to life using infographics, digital communications, animations, videos, and other impactful designs, while demonstrating a cohesive and compelling brand.
• Create visuals that simplify complex strategies and messages and move people to action.
• Design and update templates to dynamically showcase content in a variety of formats, such as e-books, web pages, case studies, award submissions, and presentations.
• Visually communicate marketing messages across a wide range of channels—including web, email, social media, and printed materials—informed by audience targeting.
• Accurately represent the brand in all marketing material.
• Assist with additional marketing projects as needed.
• Technical expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in digital design with knowledge of digital and print production.
• Experience with videos, animation and motion graphics.
• Photographic skills a plus.
Skills and Competencies Preferred
• Creativity: Generates original ideas and develops new ways of thinking. Passion for telling powerful corporate stories using impactful, dramatic, design.
• Human Aesthetic: Creates corporate communications infused with warmth and humanness.
• Brand Stewardship: Has a deep understanding, appreciation and love for our brand ensuring it is accurately represented in all communications.
• Innovative Design: Keeps up with the latest trends in graphic design and always looks for new ways to communicate complex ideas through visual concepts.
• Organizing & Planning: Able to be highly productive and efficient. Can effectively manage time wisely and prioritize competing tasks.
• Customer Orientation: Views the organization through the eyes of the customer. Demonstrates a receiver/client-centric point of view.
• Change Agility: Adaptable. Effective when faced with ambiguity. Able to work in a facile, flexible style across multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Team Player: Readily shares resources, responds to requests and partners with people within and across teams. Creates consensus and mutually agreeable approaches and decisions.
Experience and Qualifications Preferred
• 6-8 years of design experience in an agency or in-house environment
• Experience designing corporate marketing materials in a professional services environment
• Superior art direction and graphic design skills
• Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
• Microsoft Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
• Front-end developer skills (HTML, CSS, After Affects, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, sitemap and wireframe development) a plus
• Project management / ability to multi-task
• Deadline driven – work under pressure – deliver on time
• A creative visual thinker with attention to detail
• Highly collaborative
• Exceptional communication skills
• Degree in graphic design or related creative medium
Design Aesthetic Preferred
• Clean, understands the use of white space
• Professional, but not boring
• Dramatic, photojournalistic, premium
• Imaginative, inspiring
• Flexible layouts and comps
• Superior typography skills