Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
We are searching for a Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer, to join our team in Chicago, IL.
The Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer role will support our team's ability to create tools that remind, teach, support, and motivate people to take action on their health. Clients (mainly hospitals and insurance companies) come to our team for clear communication on a platform that offers personalized, interactive experiences.
VUI Designers collaborate with developers, clients, quality assurance teams, and others depending on project needs. Though our core capacity is interactive voice response (IVR) technology, we also bring in other modalities (text messages, multimedia) to enhance the patient experience.
Strong VUI Designers emerge from many different backgrounds. Some come from experience design, writing/journalism, or voice-user interface (VUI) design -- others from fields like anthropology, applied psychology, teaching, or even playwriting.
Skill sets include ability to:
* Map out call flows for IVR applications geared toward various populations and needs.
* Write clear, engaging, conversational scripts that reflect the brand voice.
* Apply experience to other interactive products, like text messaging or multimedia campaigns.
* Consult with and guide healthcare clients to convert their goals into a user-centered strategy.
* Direct voice talent to obtain high-quality recordings appropriate for the product.
* Assist developers and testers in the implementation of these designs.
* Analyze results and participate in conversations around improving product effectiveness.
* Participate in discussions around new products and their interactive components.
* Stay current with industry best practices; maintain internal design guidelines.
* Explore and leverage other technology that may augment our communication goals.
* BA/BS degree in a field related to writing, communications, psychology, or computer science or equivalent industry experience
* 2-5 years relevant experience in a field in or related to writing, communications, psychology, computer science, or design.
* Experience in Healthcare IT industry desirable
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: (First list requirements, followed by preferences.)
* Excellent time management, decision making and organization skills
* Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to manage projects involving cross-functional teams
* Demonstrated aptitude for logical thinking and processing
* Experience working with a development team is preferred
Excellent quantitative/analytical skills preferred
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at (888) 495 4771.