Your Middle Name Might As Well Be "Adobe"
You are extremely detail oriented and organized, fluent in many different styles of graphic design, and willing to push the envelope with your design solutions.
As our newest Art Director, you are an exceptionally skilled designer with 4-6 years of experience and a portfolio to prove it. The candidate must have a high proficiency in PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch and a willingness to explore new ideas as they relate to interactive design. You must be able to wear multiple hats, juggle projects and excel at working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
You must possess strong communication skills, be comfortable working in a team environment, and experienced overseeing and giving direction to other designers as need be.
Please note that this a hands-on designer role and you will be responsible for single-handedly working on your own creative design solutions for multiple assignments.
As an Art Director at Firstborn you will be responsible for the overall creative direction of given assignments. You will work on multiple design solutions at a time, come up with your own ideas that will serve our client’s needs and oversee the production of the assignment
- Support the efforts of the senior members of our design staff.
- Take direction from Executive design team members and Executive Producers
- Create and contribute to Web design layout, navigation, images, icons, multimedia and motion design
- Create design directions with limited content
- Create pages, templates, graphics and provide input on the look and feel for entire websites, interactive presentations, microsites and more
- Other interactive design, print design and motion design duties as assigned
- 4-6 years designing interactive projects
- Exceptional design portfolio of recognizable work for high-profile clients
- Creativity is an absolute must! Our development team is constantly in need of portable, unique and sustainable solutions. You must successfully come up with effective design ideas that are visually arresting and conceptually engaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail, typography and color
- Ability to concept, brainstorm and come up with unique ideas working off of limited content
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in a design related field is preferred
- Print design background and experience is a plus, as is experience with broadcast design
- Agency experience is a plus
- Required technical skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
Firstborn offers an excellent compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary (compensation will be based on experience)
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- We also offer Vision, Short-term disability, and life insurance at no cost
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do
For immediate and confidential consideration please submit your application on our careers page, use the "Apply Now" button. We regret that we are only able to respond to those selected for an interview.