Design is More than a Pretty Picture
Systematic design—that’s you. It’s not to say that we don’t want to hear from other talented CD’s from the traditional space but in this instance we’re talking about product, services and platforms, and a CD who gets that nuance. Someone who understands the confluence of design, the user (aka UX), and the outward expression of the brand
You have 8+ years of experience and a banging portfolio to back it up. You should have an understanding of design, user-needs, and technology, plus a willingness to explore new ideas as they relate to digital design and tech-innovation. Yes... you wear multiple hats, juggle projects, and excel at working in a fast-paced, creative environment that loves working across business verticals and disciplines.
You are detail oriented, organized and willing to push your team with regard to their creative solutions—you care and are passionate. BUT! you balance personal knowledge with your ego. You need to be OK with knowing that you aren’t that special. I know this may be shocking to read as a CD... but we’re all human... and this is by no means a hedge against finding the best. You must possess strong communication skills, be comfortable leading, and have experience in overseeing and giving direction to the other members of your team. This is not a role about saying “yes” to any given client. At the same time if you aren’t able to get the client “there”—to your vision—you need to be comfortable with that. Unlike other agencies, we are a creative lead business and you bear a lot of responsibility (we don't have account people in the traditional sense). We assure you one thing, you will have the support—but heavy is the creative crown of Firstborn. Are you ready to lead in a place that genuinely cares about craft, creativity, and the desires of the user/customer?
As a CD at Firstborn, you will be responsible for the overall creative direction of a given assignment. You will work on multiple accounts at a time, come up with your own ideas that will serve our clients needs and oversee the production of the assignment. And we need it to be amazing. There is a high-bar here. One thing we value is that a Creative Director, in a pinch, can actually do the work. That’s what works here.
- Know UX and systematic design. Your attention to detail and appreciation for the intersection of aesthetic and UX is high. Very, very high.
- Oversee creative solutions for several, simultaneous accounts
- Oversee creation of layouts, navigation, images, icons, multimedia, and motion design
- Guide the look and feel for entire websites, interactive presentations, microsites and more
- Other interactive design–print design and motion design duties as needed. It happens… it’s not always digital but it’s rarely anything else. But design principles are a constant. You need to be comfortable with the unexpected and experienced enough to navigate those shifts.
- 8+ years designing and/or leading interactive projects and guiding teams to develop creative executions.
- Creativity is an absolute must: our development team is constantly in need of portable, unique, and sustainable solutions.
- You must successfully come up with effective ideas that are visually arresting and conceptually engaging.
- Ability to brainstorm and concept unique ideas working off of limited content.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional portfolio of recognizable work for high-profile clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred technical skills: knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch–with an eye for detail, typography, and color.
- Do you know UX and strategy and have an understanding of user-behavior? Do you care? Because in this role it is very important
Firstborn offers an excellent compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance costs for you and your family.
- Summer Fridays, paid sabbaticals and flexible working arrangements.
- Generous 401K matching.
- Fast-paced work environment with passionate people who love what they do.
For immediate and confidential consideration please submit your application on our careers page, use the "Apply Now" button. We regret that we are only able to respond to those selected for an interview.