Medline is looking for a standout Senior Designer to add to our dynamic and high functioning in-house creative team. As a Senior Designer on our team, you will be asked to serve many product divisions within the organization to build and promote brands in both the B2B and B2C markets. The role largely revolves around packaging, but also includes many other forms of creative in marketing communications and product brand promotions either at the shelf or online. You will be an indispensable partner by having the ability to function and manage your own projects while lending a hand in support for others when need be.
You are the perfect fit for this role if you are described as incredibly creative, have the ability to think strategically and are looking for the opportunity to work on a wide variety of categories. You are just as comfortable sketching as you are throwing layers in Photoshop, and you possess an uncanny ability to work on multiple projects at any given time. You feed off the energy and enthusiasm of others and welcome creative direction and feedback. You are eager to lead your own projects, contribute to strategic planning, oversee outside resources, and follow internal protocols. Most importantly, you are the type of person who is the first one to raise your hand for any extra tasks when help is needed.
Medline is one of the world’s largest privately held companies and healthcare suppliers - constantly developing new offerings to meet the needs of the dynamic and high-pressure world of healthcare providers as well as their patients from hospital to home. Located in a picturesque campus in Northfield, Illinois, just 19 miles north of downtown Chicago, its newly renovated building offers many amenities, discounted meals at its cafeteria, athletic facilities with showers, free parking, and potentially reduced commuting fees. It is a family run company that is very dedicated to its people and careful about its growth, an approach that establishes an environment of stability for its employees. We pride ourselves in having a large community of driven people who are encouraged to run with their ideas and have an entrepreneurial spirit. We work hard but work together.
As an in-house creative department, it is a great place to understand the business challenges of moving your design from idea to market. Rather than merely creating concepts for client’s and not knowing what happens to them (as one might experience in agency life), you’ll have the benefit of experiencing the design’s entire journey. You will have a seat at the table to defend your ideas and see them through with a clear understanding of the business decisions that impact the design’s path.
• Plays an active role in strategically exploring, ideating and crafting design solutions from concept to production
• Leads and takes accountability and ownership of assigned projects
• Insures project completion is “on-time” and delivered in an aesthetically compelling manner
• Stewards brands - embraces the strategies in place and becomes an evangelist
• Manages client expectations and oversees photoshoots, illustration development, and vendor/ printer communications.
• Helps with project organization and planning
• Handles multiple projects/tasks at one time
• Critiques work of others and can explain design direction
• Mentors junior team members
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a designer; brand packaging and/or identity design experience with a major CPG brand, a plus
• BFA, or equivalent experience in Design, Packaging, Advertising or promotional collateral
• Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign specifically) and good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
• Thinks strategically - can problem solve
• Delivers and identifies good creative design - proven passion
• Demonstrates basic ability to draw or layout design thinking using traditional design tools
• Highly organized with ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
• Exhibits an incredible attention to detail
• Communicates effectively and acts professionally in all correspondence - conversations, presentations, emails, etc.
• Displays a positive, team building work attitude under pressure - has a can-do attitude
• Excels in both an independent and team environment