This is a global position supporting all regions of the organization. Industrial Design plays a key role in strategic pipeline definition, consumer insight research and creative direction, management and execution of all new product launch initiatives.
A key function of this position involves partnering with brand managers and engineering program managers across the global and regional marketing organizations of the company. The cross-functional teams plan and execute programs within a multi-year product roadmap. The Design Manager serves as champion of design quality and consistency acting as consultant to the cross functional teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Participating in and translating consumer/ethnographic insights into design opportunities.
• Ownership of design process
• Identifying and applying meaningful innovation
• Product design consistency with brand language
• Optimized user experience and consumer delight
• Managing outsourced design agencies
• Assessing the appropriate level of design effort necessary to achieve objectives
• Generate ID briefs communicating project vision and design intent to company and agencies
• Manage project schedules and budgets
• Manage design control documentation including color/material specifications
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
Industrial Design undergraduate degree is required
Minimum 3 years of work experience in a corporate or consulting design
• Ability to align design solution with strategic business/marketing objectives.
• Ability to lead initiatives, spot opportunities, and redirect where necessary.
• Strong awareness of global design trends
• Strong problem-solving skills—program constraints and requirements can be complex and require innovative solutions.
• Strong communication (writing, speaking and presentation skills)—ability to assertively sell ideas based on solid rationale and objectives.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing, materials & processes.
• Ability to champion, educate and consult regarding benefits of design.
• Strong visualization and sketching skills (“Da’Vinci sketches” not required but a plus)
• Organizational skills (able to set a plan to reach final deliverables).
• Presentation skills (Knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint required)
• 2D CAD skills: Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop a plus
• 3D CAD skills: Alias, ProEngineer a plus
• User Interaction/App experience a plus
Please make sure to attach a PDF portfolio. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
If you are having difficulties with the application, please contact
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.