This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of innovation in design and product development. Palliser is committed to developing best in class products to continue our leadership in innovation and design.
Palliser seeks to hire an enthusiastic Furniture Designer with a positive attitude and creative mind set with exceptional attention to detail. The Designer will work collaboratively as part of the design team providing design solutions to the Product Management team. The successful candidate will use market research, customer feedback and market knowledge to develop, document and present designs from concept through production.
• Partner with the Design Manager and Graphic Design team to collect information and direction for the project and establish timelines logistics.
• Develop concepts based on research and trends.
• Rapid and detailed sketching to communicate design intent.
• Rapid prototyping.
• Computer modeling in Rhino 3D and Adobe suite.
• Work collaboratively with various departments and team members such as procurement, manufacturing and marketing.
• Undertake market research as required.
• Provide technical and creative guidance as requested.
• Identify and offer solutions to complex design challenges as they present themselves.
• Develop and deliver design solutions and presentations that effectively communicate visual concepts.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
• B. Designation in Industrial Design.
• Excellent design and conceptual skills as evidenced in personal and/or work portfolio.
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Passionate self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Demonstrated curiosity and problem solving through a variety of media.
• A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
• Work in a hands-on environment.
• Ability to create presentation and technical drawings.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated effective deadline management and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solid design and conceptual skills.
• Be proficient in Adobe software and Rhino 3D
• Experience in upholstered furniture or soft design is an asset.
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Matching RRSP Program (waiting period applies)
• Free parking
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Relocation allowance for the right candidate
• Paid international travel
• Opportunities for training and professional development
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio.