Job Title – Sr. Industrial Designer - Car Seats
The Sr. Industrial Designer leads Goodbaby International’s design strategy and executes product design for all brands. He/She is responsible for generating innovative design concepts, keeping current products up to date and meeting the needs of our consumer targets and business objectives. The Sr. Industrial Designer is responsible to understand the consumer, account for marketing criteria and input and execute or oversee product design. The Sr. Industrial Designer cross-functionally interacts with Marketing, Engineering, and the external Design and Supplier community.
Examples of Typical Activities:
• Manage Industrial Design Team and allocate resources according to corporate OGSM
• Participate in marketing research and conduct project design research
• Co-lead category brainstorming sessions with Product Managers and Innovation Engineering sponsor
• Create design concept presentations for internal reviews and approvals, research and customer presentations
• Develop products to the point of proto-type in 3D modeling (Soildworks, Pro E or Alias)
• Ensure project goals (time, cost, etc.) are met
• Maintain a consistent brand language and ensure that industrial design intent remains focused and intact throughout development.
• Recommend and Interface with external Design firms, including those within Evenflo’s supplier base
Required Education and Experience
5-7 years of experience; BA or BS in Industrial Design from an Accredited School.
Experience designing car seats preferred
Required Technical Competencies
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Experience designing products involving user interaction and ergonomics
• Demonstrated concept exploration sketching skills
• Ability to think on paper
• Ability to communicate design ideas using sketches, computer and computer generated visualization tools including: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Alias Sketch and Power Point.
• Proficient with Alias Studio, Solidworks and or Pro-E
• Understanding of Manufacturing processes, including plastic injection and Fit and Finish quantification
Required Behavioral Competencies
• Builds Strategic Working Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
• Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Innovation - Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
• Manages Work Effectively - Manages ones time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.