Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our growth as we strive to make learning more fun, engaging, innovative, and accessible to students around the world. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content.
As a member of our small but growing design team, you will have the autonomy to work on important features that shape our product, visual brand and the education of many students. You’ll work closely with product managers and front end engineers to create simple, bold and user-focused features in our web-app and beyond.
Who You Are
You're a designer with a passion for user experience, branding and designing for the web. You care about accessibility and you know when to keep it simple and when to push the boundaries with something more creative. You’re empathetic toward your teammates and in your approach to design. You can zoom out to understand the context, the user story, and the “why”. You're also passionate about the details and keep pushing your work until every last pixel is attended to. You're eager to use your skills to help students and teachers.
- Work closely with product and engineering to develop new features, improve existing ones, and define long-term plans
- Create wireframes and prototypes for feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Build finalized designs and collaborate with developers to bring them to life
- Design simple and elegant solutions for complex user experience flows
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to create and improve product pages and collateral
- Help to develop and expand the Flocabulary brand
- Help build the design team’s culture and the voice of design at Flocabulary
- 2+ years of experience designing for a web-application or something similar
- A portfolio that shows both your visual design skills and your approach to problem-solving
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience with design tools and ability to learn new ones quickly
- Bonus points for any front-end coding experience
- Competitive salary
- 99% paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roof deck, parks and waterfront with postcard views