The Traffic Manager will collaborate with account management teams to intake and screen all new projects, assign resources, and coordinate overall creative project tracking. Your primary focus will be on resource allocation, schedule facilitation, workload balance and reporting of departmental metrics. You will drive inter-departmental meetings to gauge workload and stay consistently informed of all active and forecasted work.
You will have a hands-on background in creative development with a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and real passion for all aspects of creative project management. If you are ready to join a rapidly growing team in a highly creative and impactful role, we want to talk to you.
-Monitor project management system (Workamajig) while, ensuring correct resources are assigned for each request.
- Conduct initial evaluations of new project requests for accuracy and completeness while collaborating with creative leads and securing all necessary project briefs and approvals to move projects forward.
- Communicate with partners regularly and set project expectations appropriately. Share critical information with relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Work closely with creative leads, manage weekly priorities to deliver on commit dates. Collaborate with creative leads in assigning appropriate resources to projects and proposals.
- Coordinate weekly status updates for all projects in collaboration with the creative project managers. Work with creative leads to reschedule projects and reset expectations based on new or changing priorities.
- Identify and raise potential issues to the Director of Production while actively working with creative leads to address potential risks.
- Maintain a list of all resource requests and track resource assignments across design, production, copy, and web. Assist in requests for quotes and budget management for execution.
- Interview external resources and promote available resources on a regular basis to handle department overload or specialty requests.
- Advocate for continuous process improvement and demonstrate the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Define success metrics and report out on volume, time-to-completion and on-time delivery. Look for opportunities to optimize and improve. Figure out the best system for communicating department volume to promote transparency across teams.
- You are a passionate, results oriented person who wants to make a difference. You will have a minimum of 4 years of solid traffic management in an agency/studio environment and/or CPG setting.
- Experience in a design or creative agency a plus. Strong background in packaging and CPG projects preferred.
- Validated problem solver with experienced knowledge of creative workflow methodologies.
- Experience running across teams and external resources required with team management experience is a plus. Excellent negotiation and conflict-resolution skills are preferred.
- Skilled at mediating and coping with rapid change.
- You can change directions quickly without significant impact to performance. You effortlessly juggle multiple things simultaneously while delivering information efficiently while adhering to established timelines.
- Hands-on experience working in a project management system to handle workflow. Experience with vendor management a plus.
- Proficient in MSOffice & Apple suite: Word, Excel, Keynote.
- Proficient in G Suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
Bachelor of Science degree in Management or similar discipline.
Will accept any suitable combination of education, experience or training.
Salary based on experience.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.