LumiSource, LLC is a leading national distributor of stylish home decor at affordable prices. We supply to the nation's top retail chains as well as independent and online retailers. Our product lines range from contemporary furniture to lighting and accessories. Our inspiration mostly derives from industrial, modern, and mid-century modern design. We are committed to innovation, constantly refreshing our product offerings and expanding our position in the market place.
LumiSource is looking for a self-motivated, intern candidate willing to jump in and assist on multiple projects at once. You will contribute to all stages of development, from initial concept ideation & sketching through 3D modeling & prototyping. The position will also expose the candidate to the business side of design, so flexibility in your work routine will be the key to the applicant’s success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Product Development team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist in the development of products from concept ideation through 3D deliverables/physical prototypes
- Provide manufacturing drawings to our various vendors
- Create product assembly instructions
- Catalog incoming product samples
- Assist with tradeshow setup at our Las Vegas Market & High Point Market showrooms
- Recent Graduate of an accredited Furniture Design or Industrial Design program
- Prior furniture design experience is a plus
- Extensive shop experience & knowledge of furniture assembly is preferred
- Very strong communication and organizational skills
Proficiency in the following software programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- Microsoft Suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
This is a full-time, 6-month internhship position. As you will be required to work on site at our Elk Grove Village, IL location, local candidates are preferred. If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and a sample of your portfolio (max 5mb) to Taylor Brinkman (email@example.com).
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.