Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Art/Design Req#1900
The Art + Design Department at East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor in Product/Industrial Design to teach Product/Industrial Design studio classes. Other courses may include foundation art/design studios.
The successful candidate will join a department where traditional and emerging art and design processes and technologies are used across the disciplines in a diverse and collaborative environment. Teaching experience, an ability to integrate strong historical knowledge and professional/industry experience utilizing industry standard software as well as professional experience in client based projects are also required. The position also requires strong ideation and sketching skills, 3D modeling and prototyping capabilities. A strong desire to advance the curriculum in integrating and advancing human-centered design, principles of sustainability, and entrepreneurship and the ability to generate external funding is highly desirable. The successful candidate is expected to maintain ongoing creative endeavors in art/design practice and/or art/design research as well as make contributions to the culture of the University through service activities.
A creative, collaborative, collegial mentoring temperament dedicated to the advancement of the Art + Design Department’s goals is required. The position requires working with other faculty in coordinating activities, usage and routine maintenance of Art Department’s facilities that includes 3D printers, scanners, CNC equipment as well as traditional tools.
• MFA, MID, MDes, or terminal degree in product/industrial design and at least 3 years relevant professional experience in a company that produced real goods.
• Experience with developing course materials, teaching with technology, and curriculum development work.
• Two years of College-level teaching experience at a nationally accredited institution.
• Demonstrated ability to teach project-based studio/lab courses.
• Experience in teaching entrepreneurial-minded design and manufacturing.
Professional experience should include work dealing specifically with the interface between design and manufacturing and a record of successful interdisciplinary collaborations.
• Experience in advanced and emergent manufacturing technologies.
• Track record of securing external funding for design related work
• Current and ongoing professional practice
Special instructions: Final selection will be based on review of:
• Letter of application
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Portfolio of work
• Examples of students’ work and a successful interview which will include a teaching demonstration.
Link to Apply: https://ESU.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=esu&id=1900
Application Deadline: November 1, 2018