Company: Laerdal Medical Corporation
Location: Gatesville, Texas
Are you interested in working on cutting edge solutions that can help save lives? Are you passionate for user-centered design and great user experience? You could be our new design researcher!
Laerdal Medical is an international market leader in training and therapy solutions for emergency medicine and critical care. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, first aid organizations, educational institutions and others, around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. By 2020, we have a goal of helping save 500,000 more lives. Every year.
As a design researcher at Laerdal, you will work in the intersection of education and healthcare, and work on integrated physical products, digital products and services. You will be involved in all stages of the design process, from early phase user and market analysis, ideation and concept development, detailed design and specification, to final product testing and validation. Everything we do happens in close loops with our users: Nurses, paramedics, doctors, medical instructors and others. You will work in an energetic and cross disciplinary team and have a solid and award-winning design group for support. The design researcher role will:
- Scope, plan and conduct design research activities.
- Apply design research methods such as interviews, observation, diary studies, surveys, focus groups and workshops.
- Develop relationships with partners, health care experts and end users.
- Document and synthesize learnings, visualize and presents insights and opportunities.
- Facilitate co-creation processes for early concept development. Participate in creating experience prototypes for concept testing.
- Create validation plans and protocols, conduct the validation activities with customers.
- Monitor customer feedback and suggest improvement activities.
- Create service blueprints and customer journeys to understand, improve and implement coherent and seamless customer experiences.
You are a motivated and experienced Design Researcher or a Service Designer. You have the design process as an integral part of everything you do, and you are able to engage others in your work methods. You have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within Design Research, Social Sciences, Service Design, Design Strategy, Industrial Design, or Interaction Design.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in design research.
• Ability to work independently; self-starter and skilled design lead.
• Profound experience in design methodologies.
• Experience working in teams developing product service solutions, hardware and software.
• Strong visualization, presentation and communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel globally about 20% of the time.
Laerdal Medical offers competitive and flexible working conditions. Start date: As soon as possible, no later than September 1st 2018.
If you have questions related to the position, you can contact Sami Langley, Director of Nursing in Laerdal Patient Care business unit, by email Sami.Langley@laerdal.com.
Interested candidates should send their CV/Resume and design project examples / portfolio to email@example.com as soon as possible. Application deadline is June 15th 2018.
Laerdal Medical Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.