We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for the world’s most interesting brands. Established in 1997 by Morten Warren, we are a highly selective studio built on a singular commitment to excellence. We are independent and march to the beat of our own drum. At the heart of our work is the need to challenge the expected, confront accepted wisdom and push the boundaries of the possible.
Purpose of Role
As a Freelance Industrial Designer at Native, you will come onboard to contribute your world-class design skills to the project over a one to two month period. You will quickly come up to speed with the project objectives and goals, and then be responsible for bringing world-class levels of problem-solving, craft and aesthetic to the industrial design solutions.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Contribute in all aspects form concept design to execution and implementation, providing a world class creative point of view for stimulus to the project.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
- Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
- Highly proficient in concept design and visualization through CAD, rendering, sketching and prototyping.
- Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations.
- Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project.
- Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar.
You will have a proven portfolio of world-class projects and products, with a depth and breadth across a number sectors and an enthusiasm to create the exquisite products and experiences.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and portfolio. While we are unable to respond to every application, we will be in touch if we think you would be a good fit.
No recruiters please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.