The 3D Designer is responsible for all creative for a specific group of accounts to include staff supervision and work production. Will plan, develop and execute original creative projects. Provide leadership, motivation and conveys the vision to staff while maintaining a hands-on and flexible approach to managing deliverables and deadlines. Collaborate with account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
Design and Documentation
• Defines and documents client goals and requirements in terms of scope, schedule, and budget for the project
• Specify and document project materials and details
• Prepares Design time estimate and partners with Account manager in communicating estimate to client
• Establish & maintain strong working relationships with other creative team members.
• Takes ownership and ensures quality in all creative work
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in retail design
• Anticipate work needs.
Communication and Process
• Communicate with all team members, and review that design intent is maintained through the manufacturing process. This includes but is not limited to, delivery, productivity, quality, cost and safety.
• Communicate with Engineers, Shop Personnel & Project Managers to develop, maintain and oversee best practice building methods for projects.
• Contributes to the team environment by coordinating with peers, resolving conflicting priorities and doing what is best for Chandler and our clients
• Follows company processes and works toward improvements through the development of efficient business processes
Design Project Management
• Overseas design process on assigned projects that may include; 3d Designers and Graphic Designers.
• Monitor to ensure that project team members are adhering to client budgets and meeting timeline milestones.
• Determines schedule, budget, procedures, and potential risks for project completion
• Manage day-to-day relationships with clients and numerous internal stakeholders.
• Solicit New Business opportunities, Identify and cultivate potential new customers and new projects with existing customers, suggest new projects, i.e. generate more business with existing customers.
• Communicate with client to understand design needs and propose design solutions.
• Completes each project on time and to Chandler standards. Is willing to do what it takes to maintain Chandler reputation and exceed client expectations
• Reviews and ensures quality and completion of all design project documentation
• Confirms delivery of final product. Follows-up with client to ensure client satisfaction
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA Degree in exhibit / Interior / Industrial Design
• 5-7 years of experience in 3D design field
• Experience working in a client facing role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Expertise in using 3D design software, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign (Solidworks Preferred)
• Solid knowledge of materials, technologies, construction techniques in industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to take initiative with limited direction and oversight
• Advanced organizational skills
• Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent problem solving skills and high attention to detail
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a tight deadline environment
For Questions, please contact Kim Manske at 651-389-5969
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.