The User Experience Designer II will design a user experience that is useful, usable and desirable. The User Experience Designer II will identify and satisfy both the user and business needs and goals by working collaboratively with cross functional teams, business users and stakeholders. Creating service solutions that positively impact the patience experience is crucial for this role while identifying opportunities for design innovation.
• Create service solutions that positively impact the health care and health insurance experiences.
• Design and lead workshops and other activities to identify business goals, establish priorities, align needs, generate ideas, present findings, etc.
• Create tools informed by research, such as personas, journey maps, service blueprints, importance/difficulty matrix, etc, to inform the overall design process.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers and business and technology stakeholders on multiple projects.
Design and Creativity
• Conceptualize, drive and execute campaigns across digital and offline media
• Exhibit exceptional understanding of best practices, standards, and interface design
• Develop a cohesive system with templates and on-brand standards
• Effectively communicate research findings and present design recommendations by demonstrating superior oral and visual communication abilities.
Facilitation and Communication
• Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to digest format utilizing a variety of media and effective storytelling.
• Work closely with peers across departments to solidify expression into standards across multiple mediums
• Effectively communicate research findings and present design recommendations by demonstrating superior oral and visual communication abilities
• Identify opportunities for design innovation in healthcare through rich ethnographic, analogous, and design-led research practice.
• Evaluate existing UPMC Health Plan consumer products and experiences for actionable critique and improvements.
Process Management and Lifecycle
• Ability to prioritize amid demands and time constraints while meeting deadlines and schedules as required to develop and bring products into marketplace
• Proven track record of taking high-profile projects from concept to completion, aligning stakeholders, clients and contributors.
• Own major and minor updates, as well as the design and delivery
Research and Analytics
• Demonstrate a strong design-led and human-centered approach to research
• Accountable for the creation and synthesis of the following: surveys, interviews, participation activities, analytics reporting, digital user testing, etc.
• Evaluate existing consumer products and experiences for actionable critique and improvements