HSD is currently looking for an entry to a mid-level designer to join our team in Gladstone, NJ. We are seeking an individual who is ready and excited to unleash their passion and develop award-winning products. At HSD we seek highly focused, creative, and passionate designers who have the ability to think outside the box while dealing with complex problems and aesthetics.
You must have the ability to communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly to the team and client. You will be responsible for brainstorming, rapid sketching, 2D, and 3D CAD development of various medical and consumer medical products and systems.
HSD is a product development family with a very fun and exciting culture. We offer an excellent compensation package including vacation, healthcare, and 401k, all within a stimulating and energizing environment
If this is where you would like to apply your passion and personality, please see the following:
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• 1-4+ years experience in new product development and design
• Excellent aesthetic and graphic sensibility
• Design thinking ability to synthesize and translate user needs to design opportunities
• Experience in medical industry preferred
• Highly proficient in 3D and ideally 2D design software. Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, Adobe Suites, and Bunkspeed/Keyshot. Illustrator and Photoshop strongly preferred.
• Excellent rapid sketch/ 2D ability
• Effortless ability to design intent through Rapid Sketching and CAD
• Strong analytical, written and presentation skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
• Experience working in design control environment
• Great client interaction and problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a highly creative and technical Cross-Functional Environment
• Knowledge of manufacturing and rapid prototyping processes (DFM/DFA)
• Ability to work in a collaborative group (ID, ME, SE and EE)
• Capable of creating compelling designs based upon Ideation, Research and Product Requirements
• Proficient in creating inspiring sketches/illustrations/visuals of advanced industrial design concepts
• Experience with new product ideation and brainstorming support
• Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker and with the ability to quickly conceptualize ideas.
• Passionate about design
Please keep any attachments under 1mb.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.