Implus Footcare, LLC fosters a culture where passionate, creative people come together in a high-performing workplace to make a difference. Headquartered in North Carolina's Research Triangle Park, Implus is an innovative footwear, athletic, and outdoor accessories provider, with locations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, and South Africa. Implus' brand family includes Sof Sole, Yaktrax, apara, airplus, Sneaker Balls, Sof Comfort, Little Hotties, Harbinger, TriggerPoint, Perfect Fitness, Balega, Penguin, DryGuy, FitDeck, Spenco, Force Field, and FuelBelt. From insoles, socks, and shoe care to fitness equipment and seasonal accessories, Implus' products are sold in over 75,000 retail locations across North America and in over 70 countries worldwide.
IMPLUS is searching for a junior level industrial designer to help our growing design team expands its product offerings over multiple categories. This position will challenge the selected applicant with designing a wide array of products ranging from Cut-n-Sew soft-goods to injection molded hard-goods for our fitness, insole & shoe care divisions.
The candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years industrial design experience with a visible track record that shows your understanding of the design process. Excellent sketching and visual communication skills are a must, along with a good understanding of plastics, metals & fabrics materials. Consulting experience is a plus and candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, process driven environment.
We are searching for an outgoing, problem solver who can think on his/her feet, with the ability to step in at all levels of design from initial concept development to rapid form/function modeling. Responsibilities will include hands-on design work, project task management, and ensuring an outstanding level of design output.
You will work directly with our domestic design teams and Asian manufacturing partners to create compelling products for worldwide distribution. Join our growing team of Industrial Designers & Product Developers in our new 20,000 square foot design studio with prototype shop, 3D print lab and onsite fitness gym.
IMPLUS offers competitive salary, benefits packages and professional growth. To learn more about our recognized brands like Trigger Point, Harbinger, Perfect Fitness, Fuel Belt, Yaktrax & Sof Sole products visit us at www.implus.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop products concepts focusing on construction, function, form, material applications, cost and graphics treatments
• Capable of converting product concepts using 2D visual communication tools & 3D Computer Aided Design tools with Solidworks
• Partner daily w/ overseas factories to deliver distinct, good, better, best and premium product design options
• Ensure conformance to all product development specifications as established by design, development and marketing teams
• Plan / organize personal resources to achieve product goals
• Create, build and maintain clear communication channels (written and verbal) with Asian development staff to ensure clear and concise understanding of product requirements
• Learn and maintain connections to Implus category consumer to facilitate continuous product improvement
• BS Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited, 4-year college/university in industrial design or is preferred. This role is not an engineering position.
• Minimum 2 years work experience, preferably within the consumer soft-goods/hard-goods accessories in either a corporate and/or consultancy environment
• Excellent hand sketching and visual communication skills
• Good sense of form, scale, proportion and is detail oriented
• Problem solver & mechanically minded
• Demonstrated skill with Adobe Illustrator & Creative Suite of tools and Sketchbook Pro
• Working knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD and experience with Keyshot is desired
• Familiar with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Broad knowledge of consumer products, designs and trends
Job Environment/Working Conditions
• Work will primarily be performed in a climate controlled, office environment
• Standard, executive office environment located at the Implus Corporation HQ office location
Please submit the following information and reference recruitment ID JID061418
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Job Posting Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Relocation assistance will be considered for this position. Local candidates and exceptional new graduates with prior internship experience & solid professional recommendations are encouraged to apply. Portfolio submission in addition to a resume is required to be considered for this position. All applicants must include a PDF portfolio limited to 5MB in size. Please send your best work examples & resume to email@example.com
Implus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/belief, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.