Industrial design Internship
DESCRIPTION: The award-winning HP Design Team has an Internship opening in Houston, TX. We are searching for a passionate individual with great creative skills, talent and imagination, who will work closely with, and report directly to, the Design Manager of Commercial design team. The team's main goal and responsibility is to help HP Inc. define the exciting future of computing.
• understand HP's portfolio, our users, our business, our markets
• understand global macro trends, emerging technologies
• identify user needs & opportunities
• conceptualize advanced concepts and ideas
• help HP define the exciting future of computing
• be a great storyteller: tell exciting stories that inspire
WHY APPLY WITH US : The successful candidate will join a nimble, dynamic and creative team that operates more like a design consultancy within HP Inc. Our interns are treated as full time designers. We offer learning, timely and objective feedback, and mentoring. You will also have opportunity to communicate and collaborate with other HP Inc. teams and organizations. Our compensation package is aligned with the industry standards.
• Keen eye for detail
• Good understanding of design principles and theories
• Excellent sketching & visualization skills (on paper, on screen using a Wacom tablet)
• Good presentation skills Good balance of aesthetic sensitivity & mechanical aptitude Ability to analyze / research / identify and solve problems
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills (mastery in English language preferred)
• Fluent in 2D drawing and editing software and 3D CAD surfacing (Solid Works preferred;ProE, Rhino, Alias acceptable)
• Fluent in ID rendering (Keyshot preferred) Ability to create dynamic product animations is a great plus
• Ability to create and edit videos is a great plus (Premiere and/or After Effects preferred)
• Open mind / thirst to learn / passion to explore new things this is of crucial importance.
(1)Student must have already completed their 5th semester, and must NOT have commenced their 8th semester
(2)To satisfy the DOL rules, all candidates must have a valid US labor authorization
HOW TO APPLY: We prefer to receive your application via email. Please, send us your resume and portfolio. Max email size: 10MB. Email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pls note: we typically receive hundreds of applications, and are not able to respond to each applicant. We appreciate your understanding. HP Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.