- + Follow
Graphic Designer: Print, Web, Illustration
Experienced Graphic Designer with skill in print and web design. Efficient, organized and detail-oriented artist capable of managing multiple projects in fast-paced environments. Proven track record directing and leading other creative professionals and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specialties: Print Design, Web Design, Vector Illustration, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, Pencils, Ink, HTML5
Boston Capital Trade Show Display
The Devil & Jack O'Brien
• Designed HTML5-based websites, Facebook business pages, logos, trade show displays, marketing emails, illustrations and print ads.
• Projects included signage, collateral, digital and print ads, and package design
• Designed web graphics, product manuals, print collateral and brand identity guidellines for a brand relaunch.
• Successfully supervised and art-directed a team of two artists and two proofreaders through all phases of a production of a weekly circular spanning up to 500 separate page files.
• Designed circular pages, assorted collateral, and in-store signage, meeting brand standards for both the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket chains.
• Developed signs and collateral that supported multi-faceted, customer-facing marketing campaigns, achieving maximum clarity and impact.
• Redesigned in-store signage that supported a complete brand relaunch of the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket chains, impacting over 550 stores.
• Designed three complete suites of signage for The Triple Winner Game, in partnership with the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles, which raised $5.25 million dollars for children’s cancer research.
• Art-directed glamour photography for recipes and product shots that appeared in various marketing materials.
• Successfully managed a team of seven junior artists through the final production and weekly release of the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket circulars.
• Selected to lead a department-wide transition from outdated, proprietary software to
Quark XPress and Mac OS X.
• Facilitated an expansion of the advertising department’s staff and output due to the merging of Stop & Shop with sister supermarket company, Giant, bringing all advertising and design functions of both banners into one department.
• Designed circular pages, special general merchandise inserts and grand opening wraps for the weekly Stop & Shop circular.
• Sustained clear lines of communication with internal sales planners and merchants that effectively and accurately implemented advertising programs.
• Maintained and updated a digital library of product art that ensured current product packaging was used in all advertising materials.
Completed Continuing Education courses in Web Design.
• Graduated cum laude