I'm a graphic designer based in Quincy, MA. I have 15 years as a print designer, a few years as a web designer, and I've been an illustrator since my parents gave me my first box of Crayolas (does that count?).
I'm currently working as a freelance designer at Mile Ends Creative, where I've collaborated on a variety of design projects, from websites and marketing emails to trade show displays.
Sometimes I step away from the computer and pick up pencils, pens and brushes. I'm currently writing and drawing a graphic novel, The Devil & Jack O'Brien.
When not creating things, I'm outside with a few of my favorite things: a pair of running shoes, an iPod, some power chords and an open road.
Experienced Graphic Designer with skill in print and digital design. Efficient, organized and detail-oriented artist capable of managing multiple projects in fast-paced environments. Proven track record directing and leading other creative professionals and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MILE ENDS CREATIVE
• Worked on a freelance basis, independently, and collaboratively with Mile Ends Creative.
• Completed projects include websites, logo designs, trade show displays, email marketing, illustrations and print ads for several clients, including Boston Capital, Lexington Solutions, Barbara Garofano Photography, DesRosiers & Tierney, LLC, MindfulVacation.com, Ricciardi Financial Group, Red Cedar Restaurants, American Made Heroes, and All About Animals Rescue.
ZEO, INC., Newton, MA
Graphic Design Consultant
• Designed web graphics, product manuals, and print collateral for a brand relaunch.
• Revised and updated Brand Identity Guidelines and On-Boarding Manual in accordance with new branding.
STOP & SHOP CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, Quincy, MA
Artist Supervisor (2007-2011)
• Successfully supervised and art-directed a team of two artists and two proofreaders through all phases of a production of a weekly circular spanning up to 500 separate page files.
• Designed circular pages, assorted collateral, and in-store signage, meeting brand standards for both the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket chains, achieving maximum clarity and impact.
• Redesigned in-store signage that supported a complete brand relaunch of the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket chains, impacting over 550 stores.
• Designed three complete suites of signage for The Triple Winner Game, in partnership with the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles, which raised $5.25 million dollars for children’s cancer research.
Creative Print Supervisor (2004-2007)
• Successfully managed a team of seven junior artists through the final production and weekly release of the Stop & Shop and Giant supermarket circulars.
• Selected to lead a department-wide transition from outdated, proprietary software to
Quark XPress and Mac OS X.
• Facilitated an expansion of the advertising department’s staff and output due to the merging of Stop & Shop with sister supermarket company, Giant, bringing all advertising and design functions of both banners into one department.
Senior Layout Artist (2001-2004)
Layout Artist (1999-2001)
Junior Release Artist (1997-1999)
• Designed circular pages, special general merchandise inserts and grand opening wraps for the weekly Stop & Shop circular.
• Sustained clear lines of communication with internal sales planners and merchants that effectively and accurately implemented advertising programs.
• Art-directed glamour photography for recipes and product shots that appeared in various marketing materials.
• Maintained and updated a digital library of product art that ensured current product packaging was used in all advertising materials.
Massachusetts College of Art, 2011
Completed Continuing Education classes in Web Design
Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design, Salem State College
Graduated cum laude
Ad Club Professional Development Program
Completed Creative Concepts course
New Horizon Computer Learning Centers
Completed advanced courses in Photoshop and Illustrator
American Graphics Institute
Completed course in Quark XPress
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
Traditional Drawing Skills (pencil, ink)