- + Follow
Concept Designer at LEGO
"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.
Working at Lego has taught me that Play is an integral part of any design process and is essential for creativity to thrive. Play allows us to try and test new concepts and often in turn reveals the true emotive triggers required for any successful product. I apply this philosophy to all aspects of my work and thoroughly believe it has made me a better designer.
I am outgoing, committed and passionate in the pursuit of design that contributes positively to life, social systems, the environment, and cultural diversity.
- Creation of Innovation platforms & front-end development of products/services/play experiences within Concept Lab @ LEGO.
- 3 Years experience in the LEGO Creator team developing core LEGO products for kids who love to build!
- Experience in learning through play, communication, presentation to lead markets around the world, packaging & art direction.
- Playing a key role in the creation of online web content and building tips.
- Organisation of design orientated events, seminars, forums.
- Worked on Product Display, Shop-in-shop, retail interiors, exhibition stands, P.O.P
- Developed expertise in brand communication & idea generation.
- Visualisation of concepts for a range of clients including BT, Rockport, Toyota, Slendertone.
- Industrial Designer developing bathroom furniture and accessories.
- Developed a range of premium contemporary solid wood furniture.
- Worked on accessories such as 'Twist & Lock' shower caddies and minimalist aluminium cabinet lighting.
- Communication with Chinese production via meetings, e-mail and technical drawings.