- + Follow
Design & Development Manager - Diesel Timeframes & Jewelry
I create desirable products that become a market success by balancing user experience and brand vision. My work spans categories that include interactive design, fashion and electronics which gives me unique insight into the technical, practical and emotional aspects of a product.
Trend research/Design direction: I tap into various sources of inspiration, market competition and technology to create clear and focused goals that push the brand and grow the bottom line.
Ideation/concepting: With the user and her context in mind, I develop ideas that create emotional connections through function and appearance that have a lasting impression for the brand.
Development/manufacturing: I have extensive experience sourcing, developing and manufacturing products in Asia in metals, plastics, leathers and some fabric. I am also involved in costing negotiations and tooling approvals.
- Manage the design and product development teams for Diesel Timeframes and Jewelry.
- Improve and create strategic design tools to improve the efficiency and impact of Diesel watch and jewelry products.
- Responsible for the design and development of Diesel timepieces for men and women.
- Designed, sourced and developed men's leather cuff accessories as a new business category for the Diesel brand.
- Manage a team in charge of the design and development of the "Trend" and "WatchBar" lines of Fossil watches, from trend research to production.
- Created best-sellers and styles that advance Fossil's brand image.
- Worked on special technology projects like Bluetooth, OLED and Liquavista displays.
-Concept ideation and 3D modeling of electronics, interiors and POP.
- Design and development for the Ryobi, Ridgid and Craftsman brands of powertools.
-Responsible for conceptualizing and creating graphic and interactive media for a variety of clients.