- + Follow
Jr Neville Songwe
I am seeking a challenging position in the product design world. I have 10 years of product design and entrepreneurial experience in the United States, Europe and Asia. I’m experienced in product conceptualization, product research, product development and 3D rendering. I have a track record for designing sleek, functional consumer product and a passion for pushing perceived boundaries.
I do have four utility patents from the USPTO and I have been featured in 15 articles ranging from sources such as CNN Money to the Providence Journal; and featured in television news coverage (CNN’s “The next big thing”, ABC6 News and NBC News) in connection with the Brijo project. I am fluent in English, Italian and French.
• 3D - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014
• 3D - AutoCAD
• 3D – SolidThinking 9
• 3D - Rhinoceros
• KeyShot 4 - Rendering
• 2D – Adobe Creative Suite CS5
• Microsoft Office
A product research, design and development firm.
- Develop and articulate company vision, and forward-thinking perspective
- Communicate and motivate staff and stakeholders.
- Fund raise for projects - Make presentations to potential investors and other financial stakeholders
- Oversee the product design and developmental life cycle - initial research and conceptualization, sketch proposals of initial designs, proposing alternative plans, and coordinate product prototyping with staff and outside vendors. Also oversee selection of materials, color, surface finish, and packaging
- Brijo – Police car interior redesign
On going Project:
- Wheelchair redesign
- Cup Design for Persons with Parkinson and Essential Tremors
Worked as a product design contractor on medical devices for Boston Scientific.
- Studying and documenting the relationship between the Proctologist (doctor), Nurse and Patient during a proctology examination for prostrate cancer
Cell phone designer
- Researched and designed next generation cell phones (Infotainment) and user-experience targeted at Americans ages 15 - 25
- Research and studying the marketing briefs
- Sketched 20 concepts, and created life-style storyboard narratives, and presented to senior management
- Designed the Graphic User Interface (GUI) for all the cell phone concepts models
- Worked with in-house engineers, model makers and CNC prototyping manufacturers