- + Follow
Visual Stylist/ Product Designer
I am a visual stylist with over 10 years experience in the retail and wholesale industry. I have a wide range of skills, a keen eye for color and details and have been told I have an uncanny ability to create something out of nothing.
Areas of Expertise
- Visual display and interior styling
- Product design and development
- Product merchandising and packaging mock up
- Market, trend, and color research
- Photo editing and styling
- Floral design
- Design and implement dramatic visual displays for retail and sales environment
- Coordinate all aspects of visual presentation including graphics, fixtures and props to support and enhance brand image
- Design innovative product and packaging concepts
- Market research, focusing on trend and color
- Production of trend, color and product inspiration boards
- Design and research support for domestic and international vendors
Technical Design Skills
- Fundamental knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
Lenox Group/ Department 56 10/2007-Current
Part of the visual display team responsible for conceptualizing and creating vignettes to showcase seasonal product and home decor in the Department 56 showrooms in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago.
JL Buchanan, Visual Display Manager 10/2001 - 6/2007
Responsible for managing, merchandising, and maintaining 7000 square feet of revolving merchandise showrooms. Assisted retail sales team with trend, color and market research. Responsible for creating trend boards and product development objectives to support business growth for multiple business segments. Assisted vendors with trend and color interpretation and product design application. Heavy experience with seasonal product development, including rough sketch and computerized renderings. Responsible for developing packaging concepts and mockups for product merchandising projects. Responsible for photo styling for packaging and marketing materials.
Bibelot, Retail Merchandiser 3/2001 – 10/2001
Merchandising and visual display for Grand Avenue and Linden Hill stores.
Sticks and Stones, Visual Merchandiser 11/2000 – 3/2001 Visual display, furniture placement, and commission sales in upscale boutique.
Wisteria Design Studio- 4/1996 – 10/2000
Fresh floral and custom permanent arrangement consultations and design for residential and commercial clients. Assisted in buying, order placement and tracking; visual display and retail sales for floral gift Shop. Specialized in seasonal visual display and event installations.