- + Follow
Julia Leigh McCreight
St. Louis Park, MN
St. Louis Park, MN
I am an art director and designer with over 15 years professional experience. My background is in the visual arts as well as communications. I have worked with medium sized companies and also with large corporations such as Target. I have also taught graphic design at the college level. Clients I have worked with range from the advertising, public relations, retail, financial, hospitality and entertainment industries.
Art Direction/Graphic Design
* Created frequent buyer program and client member newsletter and which boosted store sales and was the impetus for several new area store openings for Chuck and Don's Premium Pet Food Outlet. * Developed fundraising and illustration collateral for the University of Minnesota's Wildlife Rehabilitation Center's $3.2 million capital campaign. * Project management, design implementation and print production of marketing materials for financial accounts. Clients included Ridgedale State Bank, US Bank and other business organizations. * Contracted with Maccabee PR firm for the national rebranding of Golden Valley Microwave Popcorn which resulted in a successful campaign and a national PRSA award nomination. * Hired by Rainbow Signs to exclusively design and concept in-store signage for major retail accounts like Cub Foods, Bruegger's Bagels, Rainbow Foods and other major retailers. * Concepted and produced CD cover design and art directed photo shoot for international composer in New York City. CD was distributed internationally and won a Grammy Award. * Increased marketing exposure and brand awareness through marketing packages, event collateral, exhibition planning and direct mail exposure. Clients included The Family Housing Fund, Minnesota Office of Tourism, and the Roxy Forbes Foundation.
* Created curriculum for courses for development of the Graphic Design Department. * Instructed courses in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). * Instructed courses in Typography & Design and Color.
World Headquarters Graphic Designer, Store Communications * Led design of Transitional Planning Guides for in-store communications for all Target Stores nationally. * Charged with the oversight of national store communications projects which were delivered on time and on budget. * Partnered with leadership team to ensure all brand standards and specifications were adhered to.
* Concepted and created original illustrations for regional and national clients. Clients included Dancing USA Magazine (Chicago), Essential Wellness Magazine (Mpls), The Edge Life Guide (Mpls), The Monthly Aspectarian (Chicago), and Whole Living Journal (Cinncinati). * Concept and production of promotional material for Minneapolis theatrical production venues such as the Southern Theater. * Concepted and produced over a dozen national commissioned original illustrations.
* Collaborated on design of advertising and marketing materials that supported on-air talent and increased traffic to programming. * Developed fund-raising collateral for Minnesota Public Radio events.
* Responsible for the distribution and implementation of annual advertising budget. * Led all advertising campaigns for all stores for both print collateral and online presence.