- + Follow
Graphic Designer and Print Buyer
Graphic Designer with an emphasis in print design developing corporate collateral, trademarks, brochures, posters, t-shirts, and large format graphics. In addition I have experience in pre-production work and negotiating print pricing, dealing with all aspects of the printing process from file setup to press checks.
Adobe Creative Suite • HTML • CSS • MAC & PC Operating Systems • Microsoft Office Conversational Spanish • Digital Photography • Image Maniupulation • Print Vendor Management Print Buying • Large Format Graphics • File preparation and management • Attention to Detail Multi-tasker • comfortable with deadlines in a fast paced work environment • team-player
Art Institute of Seattle
Diploma in Desktop Publishing • 2003–2004
• Awarded recognition by The National Dean’s List
Pacific Lutheran University
B.F.A. Graphic Design, Minor in Spanish • 1997–2001
• Graduated Cum Laude
• Participated in ILACA Spain Study Abroad Program for 6 months in Granada, Spain.
Gene Juarez Salons & Spas
Bellevue, WA • Graphic Designer/Print Buyer • 2007–current
-Design branded materials including brochures, posters, hand-outs, mailers, and invitations.
-Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to design promotional campaigns, including Mother’s Day 2010 which saw an increase of 12% in gift card sales over prior year.
-Update website and produce email marketing campaigns.
-Work directly with large format and offset printers for various printing projects; including quote negotiation, prepress, proof approval and press checks.
-Assist advertising agencies and creative team with seasonal and promotional photo shoots.
-Implemented the use of Basecamp online for proofing and project management, which has increased productivity and eliminated paper for the Marketing and Creative team.
Tacoma, WA • Graphic Designer • 2005–2007
• Designed print collateral and promotional materials, including brochures, newsletters, flyers, invitations, monthly and annual catalogs, and booklets.
• Maintained and updated product information and photo database for annual catalog.
• Worked with various printers through all stages of production and printing.
• Orchestrated and led complete re-design of Gensco website.
Starbucks Coffee Corporation
Seattle, WA • Shift Supervisor/barista • 2002–2005, 2011-current
• Helped to manage a team of 9 partners, maintaining diversity and respect among the partners.
• Open and close the store managing the safe, register transactions, tills, and deposit and safe.
• Contribute positively to the community and environment, by participating in volunteer partnerships with various local organizations, including: Starlight Children’s Make a Wish Foundation
Tacoma, WA • Graphic Designer • 2001–2002
• Launched and developed an organizational process to facilitate the creation, proofing, and maintenance of advertisements and other collateral material.
• Designed promotional items, collateral materials, brand identity packages and web-based advertisements.
Freelance Graphic Design Clients
Graphic Designer • 2001–current
• One Race One Village-Agathos Foundation
• ArtBash/AdClub Seattle
• Sea Breeze Vacation Home
• Welcoming Home Baby
• Northwest Collegiate Rowing Conference
• Vendaria Media, Inc.
• Pan Africa Chamber of Commerce
• Evergreen Escrow & Note Servicing
• Multimedia Concepts
• TG Media
• ArtBash Seattle/AdClub Seattle
• School of Visual Concepts continuing education courses
Art Institutes International
Pacific Lutheran University
Gene Juarez Leadership Award