- + Follow
Owings Mills, MD
I have worked for marketing agencies to generate creative designs for a range of clients including a Fortune 100 company’s healthcare division, financial institutions, retail companies and more.
I have managed the estimating and fulfillment of printed materials such as direct mail, promotional items, flyers, etc.
I have worked with vendors to generate discounted pricing for large-volume printing, gang runs and shell programs to reduce client costs.
Health & Wellness
Business to Business
719 Windhill Dr. • Owings Mills, MD
H 410.998.1165 • C 410.908.8466 • www.coroflot.com/kalban1
Creative Services and Project Manager with over 12 years experience in government, business-to-business and business-to-consumer markets
Mar. 2010 - Present • Social Security Administration (Contractor through Yorktel)
Visual Information Specialist
• Design and layout various internal and external marketing communications including signage, brochures, logos, banners, displays, etc.
• Utilize large-format printers/laminators to produce posters, banners, display booths, centerpieces, etc.
• Consistently produce work on short timelines
• Produce many high-profile projects such as building dedications, groundbreaking ceremonies and public service announcements
• Create 508 compliant files for the visually impaired
• Assist in the training of less experienced designers
Oct. 2006 – Jul. 2009 • BMCGroup
Director of Creative Services and Print Management for a full-service marketing agency
• Directed, designed and manage all creative projects from concept to completion for a wide range of clients, including corporate and retail
• Developed brand identity, standards and templates for a Fortune 100 company’s healthcare IT division to ensure brand integrity across all forms of communication
• Conceptualized and executed designs including direct mail, presentation materials, signage, pop-up booths and modular tradeshow displays
• Recruited, interviewed, and directed a comprehensive network of freelance graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, web developers and interactive media specialists; both onsite and remote
• Researched, quoted and managed complex print projects from prepress file collection to fulfillment, including 3-D direct mail, large format event graphics and interactive installations
• Explored the use of unique printing processes and paper stocks to achieve innovative and cost-efficient marketing solutions
• Researched and established relationships with print vendors to negotiate contract pricing for reduced client costs
Oct. 2004 – Sep. 2006 • Interprint Limited
Art Director and Pre-Press Manager for a print management company
• Concepted and designed marketing materials for various retail and business-to-business clients
• Directed and managed creative projects through collaboration with clients and freelance designers to establish and maintain brand integrity
• Assessed and utilized a comprehensive network of print, mailing, promotional item and event vendors
May 2000 – Oct. 2004 • Madison Marketing
Senior Graphic Designer and Traffic Manager for a full-service retail marketing agency (Oct. 2003 – Oct. 2004)
• Led and collaborated with design staff, interns and freelancers to develop marketing materials
• Managed workflow for a fast-paced, high-demand art department to meet all project timelines
• Maintained design stations and network configurations for Mac-based art department
• Generated designs for all forms of printed materials including direct mail, point-of-purchase, print ads, flyer campaigns, etc.
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Proficient in both PC and Mac environments
BA in Visual Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design
University of Maryland Baltimore County (1996-2000)
Central Maryland Adobe User Group
Baltimore InDesign User Group
Washington, D.C. InDesign User Group
References available upon request
University of Maryland, Baltimore County