- + Follow
I am a bright positive self motivated and talented individual with a strong passion for life and all things beautiful. It is my on going desire to do what I love for a living, and that is to visualize and create! I have experience in casual clothing design and execution with graphic and trims. I enjoy designing from the smallest detail to the over all big picture. Being a fahion designer with great experience i am an storyboard artist too.Want to do a lot and lot in fahion.
Contact: +91 9819007481
Email : email@example.com
Profoundly talented and resourceful Fashion Designer with over more than ten years experience in designing apparel and accessories and creating original garments. Blending excellent design skills, strong technical background and solid fashion sense to create innovative and cost effective designs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Fresh innovative designs.
• Friendly with denim and knits fabrics.
• Fabric sourcing and selection.
• Current Trend analysis.
• Marketing/ Sales support.
• Standardized design process.
• Production efficiencies.
• Developing good understanding of dying, washing and finishes vis-a-vis fabrics.
• Specializing in Accessories, labels and tags designing
• Good Sketching abilities.
• Computer Knowledge of CorelDraw, Windows.
A La Mode,
April 2010 - Present
Designation: Brand Head
• Category: T-shirts, Bottoms and Shirts.
• Developing whole range concept for young men’s new segment ‘YOUNG SOULS’.
• Designing with all the print and embroidery graphic developments, sourcing and selection of fabrics, developing color stories, tags and label designing.
• Developing samples.
• Handling production of whole 3 categories.
• Appointing, arranging and coordinating with all production job workers including denim manufacturer, t-shirt manufacturer, screen printer and washing units.
• Presentation and product demonstration.
• Developing marketing and advertising strategy and tactics.
April 2001 – February 2010
Designation: Design Head
• Category: Bottoms, Jackets and Accessories for young boy’s clothing
• Headed the design team for Bottoms, Jackets.
• Developed Moods, Concepts and Themes for seasons like Metallica, Knockout, Cliff Hanger etc.
• Developed Color Stories.
• Selection of fabrics.
• Designed garment style with complete accessory and detailing based on it followed by sample development.
• Created Graphics for the particular theme.
• Developed new and trendy washes.
• Designed Labels and Tags following the themes for seasons.
Visual Media (Movies),
June 2000 – March 2001
• Costumes designing
• Designed and developed clothes for Bollywood clients
• Worked for Azur Dhui, Benu Sehgal
Gini n Jony,
October 1998 – April 2000
• Category: Bottoms and Shirts for Boys and Bottoms, Tops and Skirts for Girls
• Designing and sample making.
Other Professional Experiences
• Storyboard for movies like Pukar, Maa Tujhe Salaam, Jaani Dushman etc.
• Window Display for Pink n Blue for Kids Departmental Store at Thane.
1. DIPLOMA in Fashion and Apparel Design from J.D. Institute of Fashion Technology
2. B.A. from Punjabi University
• Singing, Listening and Collecting Music
J.d.insstitute of fahion technology