- + Follow
User Experience Product Designer / Design Manager
High level creative problem solver with award-winning execution of online branding and marketing.
User Experience Design
Rich Media Advertising
540 Cahoon Rd. Bay Village, Ohio 44140
Creative problem solver focused on delivering innovative design solutions to business, customers and culture.
Within3 ⎯ May 2010 – Present
Web based software development company cultivating a social networking platform of private communities for the healthcare vertical. Serving 8 of the top 20 pharmaceutical/biotech companies word wide.
Community Experience Product Designer- Shaping the community design process for health care professionals and pharmaceutical executives to collaborate peer-to-peer. Working with product management, marketing, sales, and engineering teams in a diverse, agile environment. Responsibilities include:
• Owning the product design of the company’s premiere software product offering, the Virtual Advisory Board.
• Design research and analysis to further evolve and extend the product platform • Evolution of a social work spaces with attention to the needs and complexities of a “Big Pharma” clientele.
• Branding, marketing and creative strategy to aid the company with it’s market positioning. • User research and synthesis to assure products are relevant to their user base. • Project management and POD leadership.
DigiKnow, Cleveland, OH ⎯ March 2004 – December 2009
Interactive advertising agency and Web development firm with $6MM in annual billings and a staff of 60.
Manager of Multimedia Services- Appointed to lead and direct a team of interaction developers and designers located both locally and offshore. Crafted online marketing solutions for Fortune 500 clients ranging from consumer products, B2B, B2C and government. Developed wireframes and prototypes of complex rich internet applications and oversaw development. Collaborated with the agency’s internal sales department to answer relevant RFP's and pitch the agency's capabilities to both potential clients and national search consultants.
• Developed immersive, rich media Web experiences for a multitude of corporate brands such as Eaton, Ohio Tourism, Advance Auto Parts and Goodyear.
• Created UX/UI documentation, wireframes and interactive prototypes to facilitate communications between developers, designers, account staff, and clients.
• Estimated and budgeted large scale interactive projects. • Lead art director for Stouffer's, one of the agency's biggest accounts. Partnered with client's lead
creative agency, JWT, to define the look and tone of the new brand for Stouffer's cause campaign, "Let's Fix Dinner" in the interactive realm.
• Art directed and developed branded content for multiple Nestlé brands.
• Concepted and managed all online advertising campaigns for all of the agency's business. • Wrote and presented staff presentations on emerging technologies with Flash and rich media. • Hired and oversaw work flow of a staff of up to 4 multimedia developers/designers and freelance
resources, as needed.
Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH ⎯ 2001 - 2003 Adjunct Professor- Created and presented curriculum for course “Advertising with Flash”.
• Designed syllabus, chose textbooks and developed learning materials for a class of up to 15. • Lectured on design and animation principals and taught computer lab.
• Provided students with real-world feedback on their work and graded accordingly.
Sole Proprietorship ⎯ 1997 - 2003 Freelance Art Director
• Art directed, illustrated, and programmed interactive greeting products for the world's largest online greetings company, American Greetings Interactive.
• Designed and produced printed packaging for Learning Horizon's, an American Greetings company.
• Partnered with leading local agencies to create and execute interactive marketing applications for brands such as Lowes, Smuckers, Little Tikes, Timken.
• Created identities for unique brands such as the South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival. • Concepted and produced a line of designer plush toys and giftable items.
Creative Production Services, Cleveland, OH ⎯ 1992 - 1997 Designer/Art Director
• Designed and art directed executive presentations for small, boutique meeting production company.
• Collaborated with top executives for big brands such as Stouffer's, Nestlé, Matrix, Applebee's and Revco.
• Managed on-site meeting production in various locations. • Designed and produced print collateral.
- Providing clarity to complex business problems
- User experience design, and information architecture, utilizing social design principles.
- Interactive staff management and oversight
- Online branding, art direction and creative strategy
- Animation and programming
- Expert graphic design and illustration
- Featured speaker and panelist for interactive events such as SXSW Interactive in Austin, TX
June 2008 - “Outstanding Achievement” for art direction from Interactive Media Awards March 2003 - Received a “URL” Award at 2003 SXSW Interactive March September 2002 - Featured designer on Berlin-based “Pictoplasma” illustrators exhibition
March 2000 - Awarded ”Macromedia Site of the Day”
Regular attendee of related industry seminars such as SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, TX Ashland University - BA in Visual Communication, minor in English/Journalism Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Junior year College Affiliate program
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
March 2003 Received an “URL” Award at 2003 SXSW Interactive March
Sept. 2002 Featured designer on Berlin-based “Pictoplasma” illustrators exhibition
March 2000 Awarded ”Macromedia Site of the Day”