- + Follow
Fashion Designer, Illustrator, Artist, Graphic Designer
With over a decade of professional and successful fashion design experience, I am often described as an excellent "Utility Player". This means I am efficient and flexible enough to have any kind of work thrown my way and am able to complete all tasks beyond expectations and ahead of deadlines.
I earned my BFA at a nationally ranked art school where I had a scholarship. While there I won numerous awards and was a finalist in the UNESCO Chic Chinois International Design Contest. That allowed my designs to be on display in Paris, Beijing and Kobe, Japan.
Although I originally set out to design clothes when I first moved to New York City, I was fortunate enough to gain experience and expertise in many other art related categories.
I have two start ups that I work on plus I help others develop their lines. In fact, even though I enjoyed starting my own businesses and projects, my niche is really more helping other businesses owners with their needs.
I am very flexible and open minded. I have consistantly taken on many different projects and knocked them out of the ballpark! You will see from my varied resume I enjoy the challenge of learning new things and working in new places. I recently moved to Portland OR and I am thrilled to be here!
Kristin M. Biddle
4111 NE Broadway Apt. 410 Portland, OR 97232
http://www.coroflot.com/kristinmbiddle, www.linkedin.com/pub/kristin-m-biddle/67/b0a/737/, firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining work that allows for parlay of design skills proven by over 10 years of successful employment
• Style Curators - Fashion Illustrator - Seattle WA (telecommute) present
- Research the latest trends in all categories to find the latest and best products that meet the customers need.s
- Creates beautiful illustrations of fashionable items for company website and catalogues using mixed media including freehand and Adobe computer programs.
- Lays out catalogues and sample packets plus adds text where needed
- Met very strict deadlines
• Secrets in Lace Lingerie - Director; Lingerie Design, Web Design, Styling and Social Media - Leesburg, VA (telecommute) 11/2010 - 12/2012
- Used Adobe programs to design and develop website
- Used the latest in technology and social media to increase visibility and sales
- Developed best selling product from start to finish
- Participated in Photostats
- Design catalogue layouts, mailers and advertisements using photos, text and logos
- Met very strict deadlines
• Good Lad Apparel Inc. – Children’s Apparel, Appliqué and Graphics Designer - Philadelphia, PA 03/2010 - 11/2010
- Designed developed and maintained all children's products
- Used Adobe computer programs to design, develop and maintain appliqués and graphics
- Met with owner of the company to discuss product line, sales, new customers and their needs
• Creative Design Inc. – Woman’s Apparel Design and Graphic Artist - New York, NY 05/2007 - 03-2010
- Designed, developed and maintained woman's sportswear from start to finish
- Presented lines to buyers in meetings and developed accounts
- Created presentation tools such as PowerPoint slide shows, boards, mock-ups and Showrooms
• Jones Apparel Group – Men’s Technical Designer for Polo Jeans Company - New York, NY 02/2002 - 07/2002
- Designed developed and maintained patterns and fits of all Menswear including activewear from start to finish
- Conducted fittings
- Recruited and hired models
- Conducted market research to develop best product for customer.
Tiger J LLC - Design Director and Large Accounts Designer - New York, NY 06/2005 – 03/2010
Outerwear, Accessories, Sportswear, Children’s and Technical Design
• Designed, developed, maintained and managed lines for major accounts including
• Designed, developed and maintained and managed lines sold in dept. stores
• Consistent annual sales increases in all lines I was in charge of
Phillips Van Heusen - DesignerMenswear; all categories - New York, NY 07/2002 – 06/2005
• Worked with entire Menswear team in developing and maintaining all Menswear lines
• Designed, developed, and managed all branding and marketing for both mens and woman's lines.
• Fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experienced in NedGraphics, Web PDM, U4ia, Fashion Works and Media Design
• Fluent in all MS Office programs
Virginia Commonwealth University 08/1997 – 06/2001
• BFA in Fashion Design; arts and music scholarship recipient
Honors, Awards and Activities
• Member of Society of Industry Leaders
• Finalist in Chic Chinois International Design Contest
• Charity –Fashion Show Coordinator Jam Sports/Kentucky Derby
• Charity – Stylist for Duffy House Day of Pampering
• Candy Store New York – Owner - Chantilly, VA 05/2011 - present
• Kristin Biddle Image Consulting – Owner - Chantilly, VA 01/2012 - present
• Made Man Apparel – Designer and Small Business Consultant - Mt. Laurel, NJ 05/2010 - 09/2010
Virginia Commonwealth University
B.F.A. in Fashion Design
attended 1997 - 2001
Graduated with Honors
ACE - Certified in Web Development and Design
Senior or Year Award
Junior of the Year Award
Ingenious Thread Award