I am a creative professional with excellent planning abilities, organizational skills, and research methods with an exceptional eye for detail. I hold a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design from Marylhurst University. I am seeking full time employment with a firm that demonstrates a commitment to craft, the environment, and the people who will inhabit its designs.
SET Creative – Director of Operations and Process Development September 2012 – Present
I lead the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies tailored to meet the operational needs of the company. I organize and lead workgroups to resolve and perfect process workflows for all departments.
• Design and develop the Competency Architecture program that identifies the company mission, core and department competencies, job descriptions, evaluations, and paths for career development
• Develop internal and client facing workflows, process manuals, and training programs
• Create and lead a comprehensive training program to successfully train new employees and enhance the effectiveness of existing employees
• Manage and lead the Administrative team, coach and mentor the team to ensure performance objectives are met, and build positive employee relations
• Oversee and audit operational budgets
SET Creative – Project Manager March 2010 – September 2012
Provide management to Nike Sportswear’s events program. Coordination of high profile retail campaigns that are designed to connect brands with customers by providing a unique environment where customers receive custom products and experiences.
• Develop and manage Customization Events Division work flows
• Research and analysis of client goals and requirements for program development
• Management of project resources, budgets, and timelines
• Coordination of project schedule with multiple product vendors and clients
• Onsite installation coordination and oversight
• Event campaigns include Destroyer Jacket Tour 2010, Los Fearless All Star Pop Up Event 2011, Toronto International Film Festival Event 2011, World Cup Soccer Tour 2011, Music Fest Northwest Customization Event 2010 & 2011, and World Basketball Fest Pop Up Event 2012.
SET Creative – Operations Manager March 2010 – September 2012
As an integral part of the operations at SET, I develop and coordinate internal projects, organize systems, create process, and ignite ideas within teams. Successfully worked with the owner and senior staff to define business development goals while growing the company from one location and a staff of 6 to over 50 with a presence in 4 states in 30 months.
• Hire and lead onboarding process in Portland and New York
• Develop training materials across multiple departments
• Oversee real estate procurements – residential, office, and warehouse
• Design and coordinate multiple tenant improvements in Portland and New York
• Manage global business travel coordination
• Lower overall operational budgets by tracking and analyzing overhead and administration costs
• Manage IT services and implement asset tracking program
Self Employed – Interior Design Consultant June 2009 – March 2010
Collaboration with other design professionals to produce innovative solutions that improve the function, safety, and aesthetics of a space. I incorporate concept sketches into measured drawings, detail custom furniture, and produce digitally rendered perspectives.
• Development of schematic design concepts and diagrams
• Preliminary space plans, 2D and 3D studies of design which express program requirements
• Preparation of construction documents: plans, sections, elevations, and lighting which adhere to building and fire codes, and accessibility standards
• Specification of color palettes, materials, and finishes to convey the design concept while meeting life-cycle performance expectations, and sustainability concerns
SRG Partnership – Interior Design Intern August 2008 – December 2008
SRG Partnership is an architectural firm which provides planning and interior design in an energy conscious and sustainable manner. SRG wants to create places that ultimately enhance the lives of the people who use them. They achieve this approach to design by expressing the unique character of each project through sustainable materials and attention to details. Their focus is on higher education, science and technology, health care, and civic and cultural projects.
As the Interior Design Intern, I participate in schematic design, space planning, project research, material selection, documentation, and client meetings. Designed and managed the reorganization of the Products and Materials Library.
• Adobe Creative Suite 6 with strong emphasis in InDesign
• Microsoft Office 2011 with strong emphasis in Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Google SketchUp
• Hand Drafting and Watercolor
Volunteer Work...Professional Events
Herman Miller's We Care Event - December 3, 2009
Portland Architecture & Design Festival, Street of Eames Goes to Work – October 29, 2009
IIDA Portland Products & Services Conference – May 6, 2008
IIDA Student Portfolio Review – April 23, 2008
ASID/IIDA Annual Student Day – February 24, 2007
Marylhurst University…Materials Library - September 2006 – May 2008
This position is responsible for contacting vendors and suppliers in order to maintain and update product catalogs and samples in the Interior Design Resource and Materials Library.