- + Follow
Industrial + User Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Many of my projects deal with unconventional analog experiences and interactions - especially through softgoods and apparel - coming from the idea that people now value experiences more so than materials. I am also interested in critical design and design fiction.
The Dan Foley Bag
Hexaplex: the Energy Playground
Designed the Signature Car Jacket and the responsive website for HonourMark’s April 2014 launch.
- Established a visual language based on brand positioning
- Created flat sketches, tech pack, grade rules
- Worked directly with production manager for product development and production (sourcing materials, pattern-making, checking the graded nest, fabric inspection, etc.)
- Created specs for packaging, labels, tags, hangers
- responsible for User Experience and Visual Design
- Created wireframes, visual mockups, and specs
- Refined the CSS for the website
- Did some of the photography, edited all photos
- Designed and coded HTML email template
Responsible for designing a soft iPhone case for snowboarders and skiiers.
Assisted in pattern-making and sample sewing.
Worked on two internal tools to be used by Opower developers and Opower clients. For these tools, I was responsible for re-designing the UI/user flow, creating wireframes, creating visual mockups, and building the responsive HTML/CSS front-end. Also assisted in designing and user-testing new UI features for the Opower thermostat app and the web-based sign-up flow.
Developed personas, user journeys, task analyses, and process models for client projects. Assisted in creating wireframes and final visual designs. Assisted the user research team with usability tests.
Responsible for designing a collection of biodegradable soft goods that creates an indirect connection between the first-world consumer and the third-world worker who makes the product (under fair trade terms).
Developed prototypes for a Human-Computer Interaction research project that explores how people perceive energy, and how to change these perceptions.